Chapter 5

Flashback

Everyone laughed seeing Lavenda chase after Y/N who was running and screaming in terror. Fowler chuckled seeing this as he was happy to see her acting like her old self. She continued to chase him for a long while as Y/N was able to avoid her attacks for the most part but still got struck by a few of them. Of course, this didn't stop him as he continued to run for his life while trying to fight back.

Since then, Y/N was welcomed into the rather large family as each member of Lavenda's crew took turns teaching Y/N different things. He was an extremely rebellious kid as Lavenda had to beat some sense into him which ended up with them fighting quite a bit. However, he slowly learned how things worked around the town and became a rather familiar face as weeks went by and months. As for his Devil Fruit powers, they haven't manifested yet which wasn't odd for Lavenda and the others. However, that changed one day which was the start of something rather unique.

As the sun rose over the horizon, everyone on the island started to wake up and went about their day. At Howling Moon Tavern, Fowler Lavenda and a few others were getting the place ready for the day. In the room where Y/N was sleeping, he was sprawled out on the bed snoring slightly. After a few seconds, he slowly started to wake up, He sat up rubbing his eyes as a yawn escaped his mouth. He started to stretch like he normally does but felt that something was off. Still half asleep, he got off his bed and headed to the bathroom.

As he made his way to the bathroom, he walked past a mirror he stopped and looked at the mirror. When he did, he saw his reflection seeing that he had wolf ears, a bulky tail, and a set of golden-colored horns on his head. He blankly stared at his reflection and grabbed the ears pulling on them slightly, before touching his horns. His tail swayed back and forth as he looked in the reflection with none of this fully regurgitating in his head. Staring at his reflection, it slowly started to hit him, causing his eyes to widen before he screamed at the top of his lungs shaking the whole place.

Fowler: Seems like he's awake.

Thundering footsteps could be heard as Y/N came running down the stairs before sliding in front of the bar.

Y/N: OLD MAN, HAG!!!

Lavenda: Hey!! I told you that-.

She stopped in her tracks as did everyone else seeing him. Their eyes slowly widen seeing that he had horns, a tail, and wolf-like ears which utterly shocked them.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!?!?!?!

Y/N: I DON'T FREAKING NOW!!! I WOKE UP AND I SAW THAT I HAVE THESE DAMN THINGS ON ME!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW!?!?!?!

Y/N: DOES IT EVEN LOOK LIKE I GOT ANY IDEA WHY I GOT THESE THINGS?!?!?!?!

Fowler walked out to see what the commotion was about as he saw Y/N's rather odd appearance.

Fowler: Well that's new. Guess it seems that your Devil Fruit powers have finally manifested.

Y/N: SAY WHAT!?!?!

Lavenda: Actually that would be the most logical sense.

Are you sure Captain?

He did that fruit a while ago. So I guess they were just waiting to manifest?

Can some Devil Fruits be like that?

Lavenda: Maybe. Then again, they are rather mysterious things that I doubt that we will fully know.

Yeah. That they are.