Chapter 9

As Y/N lead the way to Lavenda's grave with Whitebeard and his crew following him, Marco walked beside Fowler as he started to talk with him.

Marco: The Marines haven't attacked this island lately?

Fowler: No they haven't or other pirates for that matter. He's been protecting this island ever since her death. Of course, we did have that one pirate ship the other day but he dealt with them rather quick.

Marco: That so? Would you happen to know what kind of Devil Fruit he ate?

Fowler: No I don't. My best guess is it's some kind of Zoan type but the exact kind is still a mystery to me

Marco: I see. Can't imagine how hard it was for you after she died.

Fowler: I've managed to deal with it as best I can. Though I'm sure you guys were equally devastated if not more upon hearing her death.

Marco: Yeah it hit us hard—espically for pops.

Fowler: I bet.

Another member of the Whitebear pirates, Vista, spoke as they walked behind them.

Vista: It took us all by surprise upon hearing her death. She was a precious comrade to us and our family. If we had only known sooner.

Marco: It's fine Vista. Besides, I'm sure even if we were to arrive in time, it might have been too late.

Fowler: Regardless, I'm sure she'll be happy to know that you're all here to visit her.

Marco: Hehehe yeah.

They walked for a while before arriving at the spot of Lavenda's grave which was on a cliff looking out over the town and sea.

Y/N: That's her grave.

Whitebeard: Quiet the view. Lavenda was always one for views like this one.

Marco: That she was, Pops.

Y/N rolled his eyes as he walked towards a large boulder and leaned against it. Whitebeard walked up to the grave, placing his weapon down beside him as he knelt in front of it with a solemn expression.

Whitebeard: I know it's been a long time Lavenda and I'm sorry for not visiting you sooner. However, we are all here now to pay our respects and hope you can rest easy now.

Whitebeard closed his eyes as he offered a prayer the other members did the same each one taking a turn at the grave. Each member placed momentums in front of the grave as an offering. Some of the members cried remembering the time they spent with Lavenda. The wolves rested near the treelines as Y/N watched each of them pay their respects.

Fowler: How long are you going to stay here, Whitebeard?

Whitebeard: At least two days, maybe three. I'm sure some of them will like to see the island where Lavenda lived the rest of her days.