Chapter XXXV

Imagine your team of amateur players is going against pro-players who are well-seasoned into the game. You already know you are done for, and one of your teammates decides it would be fun to disrespect and provoke them literal minutes before the game starts! I would have lost my shit then and there ☠️☠️😭

"Why did I have to wash Ego-san's dishes? Can't he do it himself?" (Y/n) wondered as she glared at the dirty plates she was currently occupied by. Unlike the other mornings when she was allowed to eat first and then tasked to help out the other teams, this morning, she was sent straight up to clean the dishes of the black-haired man. She was a little bummed out because she wanted to check out that Shidou guy she had read about the night before. He wasn't that far away from the room Rin and his team occupied.

'It's so strange. While yes, we have good players, his stats were beyond what I saw by now. I could compare them to Sae's current stats, really. It's so strange. I hope I won't be distracted anymore and can go and look for the guy.' (Y/n) hummed to herself as she continued to wash the bowls silently.
'Why does he eat so many noodles even?!' She groaned at the amount of bowls she had still left to clean.
'This man eats more than I do, and that says a lot!'

Later...
"Are you done with the dishes yet?" Anri wondered as she walked into the kitchen area, earning a nod from (Y/n).
"Yeah! Why does he eat so many noodles even?! The amount of bowls was insane!" Anri chuckled at the girl's distress and ruffled her hair before sitting down.
"It's just who he is. Although I am not happy with it, I can't change him. He is the way he is." Anri sighed as (Y/n) glanced over at her.
"But, you do try it. Why?"

There was a small silence between the two. (Y/n) looked at Anri in confusion as the woman thought over what she could say.
"Well, I am worried about him. Although he can be annoying, rude, and demanding, he is a nice guy when it counts and ambitious. I don't think anyone else would have the brainpower or patience for this project." Anri's frown slowly melted into a smile as she leaned back against the chair.
"I just don't want him to be sick."
"Even if he is rude to you at times?" (Y/n) questioned the woman again, whose smile fell for a moment but quickly returned. The girl felt her heartbeat pick up in excitement as she saw the look on Anri's face.

'Could it be that she really does like-'
"Yeah. You will get that once you are older. Don't worry, for now."
"What do you mean?-"
"Off you go! You need to eat breakfast as well. You have like 30 minutes left." Before the girl could continue, Anri got out of her chair and walked towards (Y/n) to push her out of the room.
"H-hey! I still have questions!-"
"Later!" The woman yelled as she pushed (Y/n) out and closed the door behind her. The younger sighed in defeat and decided to drop it for now, opting to rather eat breakfast now.
'Well, I guess that confirms my suspicions.' She thought with a hum and started walking towards the dining hall.

"Food food food, a lovely lovely thing." (Y/n) hummed to herself as she got closer to the dining hall. Her stomach growling as she could smell all the different food items.
'I didn't eat in so long-' The girl stopped in her tacks as the door to the dining hall opened, and a tall, tanned boy walked out.
'That's... That's him!' (Y/n) thought with wide eyes as she watched the blonde/pink haired boy disappear in the opposite direction.
'Shidou Ryusei...' She thought, looking a few times between the dining hall and the corner where the boy had disappeared.
'Ahh! Forget food! He is more important, for now!' She thought with a heavy heart and quickly ran after the boy.

'Good! I didn't lose him!' She thought as he disappeared to another corner again. The girl quietly ran after him.
'God, he looks nearly as scary as Barou! Well, maybe I am judging him, maybe he is nice.' (Y/n) thought as she observed him for a moment.
Sensing that someone was behind him, Shidou stopped in his tracks, which did worry the girl, and she quickly hid behind the wall.
"Hmm?" Shidou muttered and turned to look in the direction where (Y/n) was hiding.
"Weird. Is this forsaken place haunted?" The blonde muttered before resuming back to walking.