Chapter III

Smiling to herself, (Y/n) laid down on her new bed after she finished unpacking her things.
"Aand done~" She sighed, looking up at the ceiling, then closing her eyes.
'I am so tired. I barely slept last night and now the whole unpacked in the afternoon wore me out too. Thank God I don't have to play-'
"Wasted lump of talent!" Snapping her eyes open, (Y/n) looked at the TV above her door, only to find Ego and Anri looking at her through the screen.
"What the-"

"As I said, report to the office, we need to go over the plans for the 1st day. There is also some additional information you need to know before the players arrive."
"Ha? Can't I sleep for a little bit?" (Y/n) asked, earning a blank stare from Ego.
"No. Now hurry up."
With that, the screen turned black and she got up, walking towards the door.
"This will be a long day... I wonder when Yoichi will arrive."

"So this a survival game where you are trying to find the best striker? But what good would it bring to lie that there are 5 buildings, when there is just 1?" (Y/n) asked nervously as Ego adjusted his glasses.
"To create a great player, there has to be pressure. Just think how well they will want to improve and perform when you realize you are just one unpolished gem in a sea of 300 of the same or better techniques." Ego explained as (Y/n) slowly nodded her head, unsure if that's a good idea.

"All strikers, all players have their own monster waiting to wake up. And the best way to do that is to let them play like an egotist."
"You are not to tell anyone this information. This is confidential for now." Anri added, handing (Y/n) her personal staff uniform.
"Thank you, Teieri-san. What should I do first?"

"We put out the uniforms the teams V-Z will need. Go get them and bring them to their rooms. After, come to the main hall where the players will be waiting. In case you need something or have questions, here are Ego-san's and my number. Text or call if you need something." Anri said calmly, handing her the piece of paper. (Y/n) smiled at the woman, thankful for all the help and bowed at the woman, then quickly ran out of the room, reading through the instructions given by the duo.
'I hope Yoichi makes it out alive. This Ego-san is very scary. But he does have a great game sense.' (Y/n) thought as she went to her room to change.

'So many people... They really invited the best players from all over Japan.' (Y/n) thought as she looked into the room as Anri appeared from behind her.
'Yoichi is there too! Huh, who is that guy next to him?' (Y/n) wondered, looking in confusion at the white-haired boy next to him.
"What are you looking at?" Jumping up a little, she looked over at Anri, embarrassed that she was caught staring and pointed inside.

"My childhood friend is in there." Anri nodded her head and looked at her watch.
"Well, Ego-san will start his introduction in like 5-10 minutes, you still have time to greet him."
"Mhm! Thank you!" (Y/n) said, running to where the darker-haired boy was.

While Yoichi was talking to Kira his mind kept going to the message he sent (Y/n) this morning, feeling disappointed that she didn't answer his text. He wanted to see her before he left for Blue Lock since he isn't sure when they will see each other.
"Are you alright, Isagi? You are pretty down today." The white-haired wondered, earning a sigh from Yoichi.
"I am fine, Kira-san. Just, a lot of things on my mind-"
"Yoichi! It's so good to see you before the training starts!" The boy's eyes widened as he felt (Y/n) hug him from behind.

"Eh?! What are you doing here, (Y/n)?" Yoichi wondered as the girl let him go.
"I was invited to help out a little. How are you feeling? Excited?" She questioned as the boy shook his head.
"No... Well, a little. I... I am happy to see you here. I honestly thought you might be angry with me."
"Hm? Why would I be angry?" (Y/n) raised her eyebrow as Yoichi took out his phone, showing the last text he sent her.
"I am so sorry about that! I was so busy unpacking the whole day and running some errands, wait!" (Y/n) said, sounding genuinely worried as she inspected her phone, and sure enough the text message was there.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to worry you. I guess I just lost track of everything today."
"I-it's alright, I am just glad it wasn't the worst-case scenario." Yoichi explained, relieved that (Y/n) was here too, and not mad at him.

"Hm? I didn't know you had a cute girlfriend, Isagi!" Kira said from behind the boy, causing both to blush at the comment and look at him in confusion.
"Ah! No, Yoichi is just my childhood friend! And you are?" (Y/n) wondered as the boy sent her a smile.
"Kira Ryosuke. I play for Matsukaze Kokuo High, the school Isagi and his team lost to." The last comment caused Isagi to flinch a little as he sent the boy a side glare.
"Is that so? Congratulations on the win, you guys had a lot of luck. I am sure next time Yoichi will leave you eating dirt tho." (Y/n) said back, a little annoyed at his behavior.

'I don't like this guy at all.'
"I-" Kira said nothing in return as Yoichi let out a chuckle.
"Anyways! I need to go now, Ego-san will start his speech soon." The girl said, patting Yoichi's back.
"Ego-san?"
"You will see."
Was all that (Y/n) said before running off, leaving Yoichi confused and Kira annoyed.

From far away the same figure that watched Yoichi and (Y/n) days prior caught glimpse of the girl as she ran out of the room.
'Was that- Was that really her?! No there is no way. What would she be doing here?' The boy's eyes widened, but he was woken up from his thoughts by his friend.
"Oi, it's about to start. Pay attention." The boy said in a bored manner.
"Y-yeah..."

"Congratulations, you unpolished lumps of talent." Ego spoke up, looking at the football players and (Y/n) could feel herself bang her head against the wall.
"Does he know any other words?" She mumbled.
"According to my personal judgment the 300 of you are the best strikers under 18. My name is Jinpachi Ego and I was hired to give Japan a World Cup victory." The players kept silent as (Y/n) started counting down when the next insult might leave his mouth.

"I'll say this plainly. One thing is needed for Japanese soccer to become the best in the world: the birth of a revolutionary striker."
"(L/n)-san." A worker called out, causing the girl to look at the man.
"Yes?"
"Teieri-san gave me these uniforms, you are to hand them out to Team V." Nodding her head, she took the items and walked towards the main hall, looking for where the door might be.

"This is just endless." (Y/n) mumbled, sighing in relief as she finally found the door.
"I wonder how everyone will react once Ego-san says how it really is." She yawned and looked in front of herself, then leaned against the wall.
'I can't wait till it's dinner... What did Teieri-san say... Yakisoba noodles I believe.'
Waking up from her thoughts, (Y/n) looked at the approaching figures of Team V, who looked pretty hyped for the training.

'I pity them.' She thought while handing the group their uniforms.
"Thank you." A white-haired guy said lazily as (Y/n) just nodded her head.
"Hey! Nagi, you didn't let me finish-" a purple-haired boy called out, but was interrupted as (Y/n) gave him the uniform. The boy quietly took the uniform and nodded his head. (Y/n) yawned again and looked into the room, feeling a little awkward with all the eyes on her.

"You are instructed to stay in this room till Ego-san gives you your first task. If anyone needs something, there is a button, usually someone will come and help out. Good luck." (Y/n) explained, pointing at the said object as the group nodded their heads.
"Thank you." A tall boy with glasses said as (Y/n) bowed and closed the door behind herself.

"Hmm? I feel like I saw her somewhere." The white-haired boy from before said, but shrugged his shoulders, opting to change into his training clothes.
"Reo, stop staring like you saw a ghost and get dressed."
"Sure thing, Nagi." The purple-haired boy said back, gulping as he walked towards a corner.
'So I really wasn't imagining her previously...'

🩷hope u all liked this story and thank u sm for reading! Thank u all also for voting, the support means a lot. Stay safe and have a great day/night🩷