Chapter XXI

This is what I imagine how it went down when Sae met Oliver.
Oliver: Yeah so, I am 19-
Sae:19?!
Oliver: Yeah
Sae:... motherfucker you look 30!

'This is so creepy... it's like I never left my old building. Everything is the same, even a dent is in the same spot.' (Y/n) thought as she searched for the laundry room. One of the staff from this building was overworked and (Y/n) offered to help out with the laundry while Anri went to go over some documents. The way the worker described it, the laundry room was close by.
"Ego-san really gave his all to this project. This is some serious dedication." (Y/n) muttered, unsure if she should be amazed or scared. She soon found the laundry room and opened the door, finding the pile of laundry pretty easily, since it was right next to the entrance.

"Hmm... what did she say again?" (Y/n) muttered and took out the instruction the woman wrote her.
"Let's go then." She said to herself as she started separating the laundry.
'I still wonder why mom and dad donated so much? I will have to ask them the next time we talk.'

"I will kill those idiots. Putting my clean clothes with their dirty ones." A dark green-haired boy muttered as he walked to the laundry room, hoping his things weren't put into the machine yet.

"Why did I even bother telling them not to touch anything if they won't listen? I could be training by now, but instead I am wasting my time." The boy sighed and knocked on the door. No answer came and he knocked again. After no answer came, the boy sighed and opened the door,only to find all the machines running and no dirty laundry. The boy groaned and started opening the various baskets, he found nothing that was remotely his.

"This can't be for real-"
"Did you need something? The clothes are still washing, in case you came to retrieve something."
'Who is that now? It's not one of the usual women who are in here.' The boy raised an eyebrow and turned to look at the figure. Teal eyes met (e/c) ones, causing the boy to tighten his grip on the basket.
"(Y/n)..."

The said girl inspected the boy for a few more seconds, then finally realized who it was.
"Rin? You are in Blue Lock?" The younger Itoshi gulped as he heard her say his name. It felt... nice-no, great! It felt great hearing her name after such a long time.
'When was the last time I saw her? Two... three years ago? She got prettier over the years.' Rin blushed a little at the thought.

"Uhm...did you need something?"
(Y/n) asked awkwardly. Rin shook himself out of his daydream and nodded his head.
"Yeah... my roommate put my clothes in the pile of dirty ones, did you put them in the washer?"
"What team?"
"Team V." Rin answered, watching as (Y/n) nodded her head and went through some list.

"Oh! Team V's clothes are drying right now. They should be done in maybe 30 minutes or so." (Y/n) said as Rin nodded his head. It was awkward for a moment, neither knowing what to say.
'This is so awkward... just a few days ago I slapped his brother and now he is here too.' (Y/n) looked at Rin for a moment and looked away.
'He changed a lot, but also somehow stayed the same.'

"Do you work here now or something?" Rin suddenly spoke up and (Y/n) nodded her head.
"I work as a manager for the teams in another wing. I am just here now to help out per Ego-san's request."
Rin's head perked up at those news.
'Will she stay here for the other rounds?!'

"Want to sit down? We can talk a little more if you have time!" (Y/n) added the last part, realizing that Rin probably had something else to do.
"Sure, I have nothing to do anyways." Rin surpassed a smile as he walked over to her, his heartbeat picking up a pace.
'Today is a nice day. This feels just like the day I first met her.'

11 years prior...
"Mom, when is big brother coming home?" A 5-year-old Rin asked while tightening his grip on the football him and Sae used all the time. The woman looked down at him and ruffled his hair a little.
"In an hour. By the way, your brother is bringing home a friend to play with. Be nice to her, Rin." The boy blinked at his mom and then pouted.
"But I wanted to play with big brother. Can you tell her not to come?"