Chapter XXVI

My bank account if calling Kaiser a rat was a full time job: 💰💰💰💵💶💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

"Weights? Should I pack these things out or?" (Y/n) asked Anri, who simply shook her head.
"No, Ego-san said just to put them away here. How are the teams playing currently doing?" Anri wondered as she wrote something down.
"It's going fine... Team Red is a little bit extreme. At least, Itoshi Rin is." (Y/n) commented, still feeling uneasy about his previous words. Anri wanted to question the girl further, but was interrupted by Ego calling her to the office.
"Nevermind, I will talk to you later about it. You wrote down all their stats, right?"

"Yep! Up until I left, I wrote everything down." (Y/n) nodded, pointing at her notebook.
"Good job! Keep up the work." Anri said as she left (Y/n) to her own devices. The girl blushed a little at the compliment and cheered in her head, making her way out of the practice room.
'I did a good job in Teieri-san's eyes!' The four boys watched as the girl quickly left, not paying attention to them.

"Was that a model? She reminds me of the girls I worked with." Yukimiya commented shyly, causing Otoya to send him a side-eye.
"Don't be a show off, Yukimiya. I wonder if we will see her again. I didn't even get to show of my skills in front of her." Otoya said in a condescending manner as Yukimiya rolled his eyes as the two started to bicker. Karasu paid them no mind and looked over at Hiori, who had an unusual glint in his eyes. It was as if he saw an old friend or acquaintance after many years.
'That's odd.' Karasu hummed, knowing that Hiori usually was disinterested about anything that isn't football, even if that interest was forced on him or faked.

Hiori himself felt like the air was leaving his lungs as he stared at the door, a sense of panic washing over him.
'Can't you be a little bit like her?' His mom's words replayed in his mind.
'Her parents sure are lucky. Imagine placing 1st for 3 years in a row. Meanwhile, you...' Hiori winced as he remembered his father's disappointed sigh.
'I thought I would be free here... Why did she have to be in Blue Lock?'

'And your plays are so mediocre, I could die.'
(Y/n) shook her head as she walked down the hallway, back to the practice room. Rin's words started to replay in her head once she was alone. She hated how the words reminded her of something... something bitter, but she couldn't put her head to where exactly.
"The words... have this weird taste of sour bread... or even sour cherry mochi I had once." (Y/n) shuddered to herself, hoping the thoughts might stop soon.
'You have that freakish hair color you got from eating too much junk food, you are stupid, you eat too much.'

(Y/n) stopped in her tracks as her eyes widened, her heart picking up a pace as she thought back to Sae and what he told her years ago. The words were different but had the same sentiment. The same hostility and coldness.
"That's stupid... it's Rin we are talking about, he wouldn't act like him." (Y/n) shook her head, trying to get the image of the red-head out of her head.

'You are all mediocre to me and a waste of my time.'
Again, another one of Rin's lines played out, and the girl leaned against the wall for some support.
'Why would I like someone as ugly and unappealing as you?'
"This is... is Rin..." (Y/n) felt her heart drop to her stomach at the thought, but the same cold gaze Rin had... was the one Sae had when she met him at the JFU building. She just hoped it was a one-off thing for Rin.
"Maybe he just gets like that when playing. Football players can be scary on the field, but real sweethearts off it..." (Y/n) hoped.

As the girl returned to the room, she found Yoichi and Nagi talking over some things. (Y/n) blinked as she looked for Bachira, wondering where he went. But the tension between the two and the said boy being absent made the girl draw up the conclusion rather quickly.
"You... you guys lost? And they took Bachira, right?" The two jumped up at the sound of (Y/n)'s voice and looked at her for a brief moment before nodding their heads.