Chapter: 15

Minji woke up late with a hangover and taking forever to get ready, so Mr Yoon had to wait for her. She asked Ye Joon to call him up and make a coffee or juice for him while she took a bath and got ready.

Ye Joon did as told and made Mr Yoon seated comfortably in the living room. He knows his sister is going to take a long time.
"Mr Yoon, why were you guys partying till very late at night yesterday?" Ye Joon asked while handing a cup of coffee to the older man.

"What do you mean? The party ended at 9:30 so most of us reached home by 10." He answered.

"Don't lie to me. Noona's home around 1." Ye Joon says, taking a seat across the old man in the living room.

"She must be going somewhere, she left around 9:40. I insisted on driving her back but she refused." He answered.

"She didn't attend any office party before, why is she attending yesterday? What was the party for?" The younger brother inquired, behaving like an older brother now.

"It was her party, haven't you heard about her special doctor who got selected in the MO exam?" He asked him.

"She has a special doctor!? I didn't know about that..." The sound of Minji's phone ringing in her room got Ye Joon away from the conversation.

Excusing himself, he went to get his sister's phone and asked from outside the bathroom door,
"Noona, it keeps ringing, shall I answer the phone?"

"Answer if it's a contact you know otherwise leave it." Minji answered, stopping the running tap for a while.

It was Haerin so Ye Joon answered.

"Haerin Noona, it's just you."

"It's just me, who do you expect? Where's your hunky sister?"

"It's alkie sister now. She came home drunk at 1 in the morning."

"Wow, did she now? She was messaging me till late at night making me wonder if she has gone crazy. Turns out it was drunk texts!"

"Yes! She must drunk texting! By the way, do you know who's her special doctor?"

"Her special doctor?" Haerin wondered out loud.

That's when Minji came out to get her phone,
"Joonie, who is it?"

"Oh, it's Haerin noona."

"Give it here." She retrieved her phone and Ye Joon left to join Mr Yoon in the living room again.

"Haerin, what's up?"

"What's up my ass. I've sent the pictures you asked."

"What pictures?" Minji asked, frowning her eyebrows.

"You were just drunk, huh? Heard you've been drinking around now. How about a drink with me?" Haerin asked.

"Fine by me but will Dani let you drink?" Minji asked playfully.

"She will if we count her in." Haerin laughed, "I didn't know you were drunk so I thought you were going crazy. Love across all barriers? Were you just gay or what is it?"

Minji chuckled at that. She drove towards Hanni's PG dormitory after the party yesterday and parked her car near the gate and stayed there for hours just so she was physically near her. That's when she messaged Haerin trying to ask for pictures from high school. She was overcame with the need to see Hanni that she felt just a picture of her would do. Haerin left her on read after messaging for a while and slept.

"I was just thinking how complicated love was. And how difficult it is to love someone who you're not supposed to love" Minji answered.

"Is it complicated now? Didn't you say it was easy? You're loving someone you're not supposed to love, who's it, Kim Jong Un?"