Chapter: 4

Hanni was drinking tea with Hyein, her roommate and suddenly remembered something and dialled a number in her phone.

"Hello, what a pleasant surprise." Jungwon answered in the first ring.

"Hello Jungwon, are you busy? I have something to discuss with you." Hanni asked.

"If it is anything related to books in PG, don't ask me. I might have graduated before you but you know better. I'm still ashamed of the last time." Jungwon replied laughing.

"Stop thinking about the last time. I just asked you because I didn't understand it, and it's okay that you didn't know it either. And it's not about any books." Hanni said.

" Can I call you later then? I'm a little busy now." Jungwon asked.

"Okay."

"Why is Jungwon so nice and good? He always answered your phone so happily." Hyein said smiling at Hanni.

"He should be happy because we're close friends." Hanni said.

"When did you guys become friends?" Hyein asked.

"Since High school. His family house is also near to us. He's from Chucheon." Hanni replied.

"You know, the first time I met you, you seemed like someone who wouldn't even talk to a guy. And turns out your very best friend is a guy."

"He really is the nicest guy I ever met that's why I befriended him in school and remained friends even after all these years." Hanni said smiling.

"Is he the only school friend you keep in touch? What makes him different from the others?" Hyein asked curiously.

"Because he was there when I was down with my emotions."

~

The day that Hanni got scolded by the teachers for the letter put inside her bag by Minji, she couldn't tell Danielle or any other because she was so embarassed about it. During the break while the girls were discussing about their crushes and the girlcrush duo from the next class, she left the class with an excuse to finish Maths homework in the Library.

Hanni never had to finish any homework at school, she is a good student, she always finished her homeworks beforehand. As soon as she sat down on a desk around the corner, Jungwon walked in the library.

"Hanni have you done your maths homework, lemme copy it." Jungwon said sitting down opposite to Hanni.

"Yes. Here." Hanni opened her notebook and gave it to Jungwon.

"Wow. Look at your handwriting. Every teacher will want to give you full marks with a handwriting like this." Jungwon said and Hanni smiled a little.

"Why were your eyes red in the morning?" Jungwon asked.

"When?" Hanni asked playing dumb.

"When you entered class after detained by the teachers." Jungwon replied.

"I was crying because the teacher punished me. Didn't you know they found something in my bag?" Hanni asked.

"What was there in the bag?" Jungwon asked.

"Lipstick. I want to try make up." Hanni lied.

"Don't joke around when you're not even funny." Jungwon caught Hanni easily.
"Really, tell me why are you sad? I have done my homework, I just made an excuse to come after you. I saw you leaving the class and you seemed sad."

Hanni was surprised that he noticed, even Danielle who she considered her closest friend bought her lies.

"You can't tell anyone, okay, not even Danielle. Someone put a love letter inside my bag. That's why the principal was scolding me or rather advising me." Hanni told Jungwon the truth.