Chapter:8

It was the day of the interview, the interview was supposed to start from 10:30 but Minji got ready by 7:00 am. She couldn't sleep the whole night, she kept tossing and turning till 3 in the morning and she  woke up around 5 so it's understandable that she's ready by 7. She was reading the newspaper when Ye Joon came to join her for breakfast.

"Are you going to the university?" She asked him.

"Yes."

"What about mom?" She asked.

"She's refused to come home. She said she doesn't want to stay with you, she's angry that you don't obey her." Ye Joon answered.

Minji chuckled, her mom might be the first mother in the world who went back to her maternal home and refused to come home just because she's angry with her daughter.

"Don't laugh. It's all because of you! Granny said she cried a lot, most of the time. Why can't you just marry Michael? Or if you have someone, why don't you tell them?" His outburst didn't affect Minji a bit.

"I have something important to attend to, don't disturb my peace of mind like that. Don't cook for me today, I'm eating out." Minji said.

"I won't cook at all then, I'll just eat at the college." Ye Joon answered.

Minji was standing in front of her closet, trying to choose what to wear for the day. Normally she doesn't fuss about her outfit but she might have really wanted to put an effort on how she looks today. She picked her black shirt but suddenly she heard an echo of a voice so pleasingly familiar to her.
"Why do you always wear dark colours? Try the light blue."

July, 2009

After eating everything available on the menu while chatting and laughing in Aunt Mia 's café, the four girls finally came out.

"Let's go hang out somewhere." Haerin suggested. With Danielle around, she wouldn't want to go back home so early.

"Go get your daddy's car then. Y'all walked here, there's not enough room for all of us on my bike." Minji answered.

"Doesn't have to be somewhere far, maybe the mall around the corner?" Haerin insisted.

"What do you say Hanni?" Danielle asked.

"You guys go ahead, I should return to the dorm. We have a curfew at 7." Hanni replied politely.

"We have 2 hours before 7 and it takes only 10 minutes to walk to the mall from here and 15 minutes to walk back from the mall to your dorm." Minji does the math.

"So, let's go." Haerin intervened smiling before Hanni retorted with a furious reply.

"I have to buy a shirt too, let's go." Minji agreed.

Danielle was ever ready to hang out with Haerin so she doesn't even need to be asked.

"You guys go ahead, I should go back." Hanni objected but Danielle linked her arms with her.

"Why? I don't often ask you to hang out, can't we go together, please?" Danielle pleaded.

"We won't sell you away, don't be so scared to go with us! It's good to socialize sometimes, you know. You're missing out." Minji said, which of course doesn't help Hanni's hesitation.

Hanni glared at Minji and Haerin nudged her on the side of her stomach, warning her not to make the situation worse.

"I just didn't want to go with her." Hanni said to Danielle only at a tone that Danielle could hear.