Chapter: 11

Back in Hanni's dorm, she felt exhausted and climbed onto her bed. She couldn't eat much as Jungwon dropped her off sooner. She didn't get proper sleep the previous night so she slept like a log. When she woke up she got confused whether it was a day or a night, it was dark all around. She searched for her phone trying to look at the time.
Hyein opened her phone and told her the time knowing what she was looking for,
"It's 6:30 in the evening."

Hyein turned on the lights. And Hanni squint her eyes adjusting her eyes to the sudden brightness.

"I didn't even know when you got back." Hanni told Hyein.

"You were sleeping like a baby. Eat the papayas" Hyein said pointing to the cut papayas on the table. "I bought some fresh ones from the market."

Hanni took a piece and ate, "It's so sweet."

"How was your interview?"

"It was good."

"What did the director ask you? I heard from other candidates that she seemed angry and spaced out most of the time and showed no interest in the interview." Hyein asked.

"She seemed fine to me. She asked about the normal heart beats." Hanni answered and Hyein laughed heartily.

"Didn't you buy and read current affairs just for her!?" Hanni tried to smile, she wished Minji asked her difficult questions instead of the heart rates.

"Interviews' over, you worried about difficult questions and got asked the easy ones. When will they declare the result out? Hyein asked still smiling.

"Within a week. They didn't give the exact day and date." Hanni answered.

"Let's see what rank you get after the result comes. I believe you'll be among the top 10." Hyein said proudly.

"No way, I made some mistakes in the written exam also." Hanni refuted.

"Everyone makes mistakes too. Others are saying that you got the most answers correct." Hyein encouraged her.

"You're saying it but I'm getting tensions about it." Hanni said as she was trying to keep her documents back in place inside the cupboard.

"Are you looking at your first crush in the name of keeping back your documents?" Hyein teased from behind.

"Don't talk nonsense. It's no use looking at this faceless old photo in the newspaper." Hanni closed the cupboard and sat down on her bed again.

"As if. You can't throw away that old newspaper. Do you get flashbacks looking at it?" Hyein kept teasing.

"I get flashbacks just by looking at this scar on my fingers." Hanni lift her hands to show Hyein.

Hyein jumped to Hanni's bed looking at the scars, "There's scars too?" She asked excitedly.

"Um, it's a scar she gave me. I was so angry about it back then but later I wanted to thank her for leaving behind a scar."

"Pham, I'm getting scared! I thought you've got nil in romance but you're a legend." Hyein pushed and nudged Hanni's arm.

"I know no romance, I'm just saying whatever I feel. But she's so good at flirting. So many people crush over her, she's really popular since back then."

"She is pretty or handsome?" Hyein asked.

Hanni wanted to tell Hyein about the Minji she first started to get crushed on, so she recalled the first time she really looked at Minji.

/

October, 2009.

The week long exam was finally over and Hanni came back to school. They had internal and sports meet. Students taking part on the outdoor games are already out in the fields while the indoor games participants are inside the auditorium and the gym.