Chapter : 12

October, 2009

"You shouldn't go to school if the exams are over. How's your stomach?" Aunt Mia told Minji who's eating breakfast in her café.

"It's just a small injury, it's all healed." Minji answered, chewing her bread.

"You shouldn't do something like that ever again. And why're you staying here instead of going to your brother Taemin? They might not like this."

"They'll scold me. I don't want to stay with them." Minji said nonchalantly.

"They scold you because they're worried about you. And how was your exam, it happened during all this chaos, did you do well?"

"What about exam? I can give exams all my life, don't worry about it, aunty."

"You can't answer your brother like that, that's why you're here." Mia said while shaking her head. And Minji smiled.

When Minji left for school, aunt Mia shout after her not to take part in any sports activities, which, ofcourse Minji didn't listened to.

In the school, Minji changed her clothes without even letting Haerin know because she was hiding her injury even from Haerin. Jungwon was playing their coach and Minji closed to play defender. From the beginning, the juniors were playing better and Minji did play hard to defend them. After 25 minutes, a tackle and a tussle brought Minji down and she felt her side of the stomach tore again.

She tried playing for some more minutes but soon asked to be subbed out. She knew she couldn't play any longer. She find an excuse and went away from the field and in search for a quiet place, she got into her school bus. She took her shirt off to check if there's new bleeding. It was bleeding, she lied down the seat to try sleeping off the pain.

"Your bruise is bleeding." Minji was startled by the soft voice, she sprung up and hold her side trying to hide her bruise and winced in pain, it hurts her.

"Let's wipe the blood with this, it'll hurt if you hold it like that." Hanni said offering her a white handkerchief. Minji took it without hesitation and Hanni said suddenly,

"Let me inform the teachers."

"Don't. I'm not hurt." Minji answered while trying to wipe the blood.

"You're bleeding, how are you not hurt?" Hanni questioned.

"It'll be all better now." Minji said still focusing on her wound.

"It won't, without proper treatment. Let me tell the teacher so you can get a proper first aid or bandages." Hanni turned to leave and Minji held her hair to stop her from leaving.

"Are you crazy!?" Hanni asked after wincing.

"I told you not to inform the teachers and why are trying to inform them?" Minji asked finally looking at Hanni.

"Why can't I inform the teachers?" Hanni asked.

"You can't inform anyone or I'll tell Jungwon that you like him." Minji threatened.

"Fine, get hurt, get infection for not treating it properly and die alone." Hanni said angrily and left.

"Hmph, why did she even follow me here instead of going to Jungwon to the field." Minji mumbled and tried to clean up her as wound with Hanni's handkerchief and then wore her shirt back and sat down on a seat.

She forgot the pain while talking with Hanni but now the pain started to get her again. She closed her eyes and let her mind wonder trying not to focus on the humming pain. She remembered how badly she did on the exam and thought of an excuse to give the teachers when they scolded her.