Chapter 14

*swap Sarvente's POV*

     Ruv's parents were very nice... I hope they will visit if they ever come by again. They seemed to like my spice cake. Whatever. That was a few weeks ago anyway. Some people will like me, and some won't- and thank fucking God his parents do. After all, Ruv and I will be spending the entirety of existence together- hopefully-, and they are immortal because of it.

     "I'm boredddddddd.", Ruv says to me, leaning on my shoulder while we sit on the couch, the TV playing mind-numbing politics and news in the background.

     "Ruv, you said that 5 minutes ago...", I say.

     "Because I ammmmmmm."

     I sigh. "I wrote some songs for us to sing a while back..."

     He perks up. "Oh yeah! Why don't we go find those?"

     "I don't think there's anyone praying right, so we should be fine..."

     We get up, and Ruv kisses me on the cheek, to which I blush. "Thanks Shawty!!!!"

     I head to the storage room, and dig around until I find a pile of unorganized papers.

     "Here we are..."

     Ruv and I head to the main area of the church to sing.

     "Let's do this!", Ruv says.

     *insert Sanctimonious here, then Trance, Crescendo, Glazomer, then Jointly*

     "That was nice...", I say.

     "You are really good at writing songs, Sarv!", Ruv says, as he gives me a hug.

     "And you're really good at singing them..."

     The smiles don't last for long, though, as the church doors creak open, revealing 2 familiar faces. Again.

     Ruv doesn't hesitate, taking his butcher knife out of his jacket, holding it at the midget's neck.

     "We warned you to never return! Now you will pay the price~"

     "Beep...", the emo child says.

     "Hold up-", his girlfriend says.

     "You clearly have more balls than he does, but don't care what you have to say, you knew the consequences."

     "... Ruv, let them speak."

     He hesitates, but lowers the sickle.

     The boyish girl continues. "We came to apologize, for the trouble we've caused the four of y'all."

     Ruv and I look at each other in confusion. "Four? You must be mistaken. It's just the two of us..."

     The boy whispers something to his girlfriend.

     "Two, my bad. If you'll still take us, we'd like to join the church, in compensation."

     *Swap Boyfriend inaudibly whispers in beeps to swap Girlfriend, "Wait, I thought we came to get the microphone we left here...", to which swap Girlfriend stares at him until he shuts up, so she can continue talking.*

     "Whadya think, Shawty?", Ruv whispers to me.

     "Even if we may not be, the Lord is all forgiving, and will take the children in."

     I nod to the children, in appreciation. "The Lord will be happy with you."

     I turn to the girl. "I can tell that you are a demon, even in a human appearance. May you redeem yourself, and be accepted at the pearly gates I was once rejected at." *Swap Girlfriend's face drains in color as swap Sarvente says this, not expecting that, and because she lied.*

     "Beep bop...", the kid says.

     "Oh, you want to sing again?", I ask.

     "For your decision, I guess it is the least we could do."

     "Damn, you still have some songs to sing?", Ruv asks me.

     "2, meant to be sung by 3 people."

     "Beh bo bop...", the kid sighs, now in possession of a microphone that he strangely did not have before. (translation: "Ready when you are...")

     *insert Too Clergy, and then Panic-Stricken*

     "Yo, you two together now?", the girl asks once we finish, and I smile.

     "We have come a long way since both the first and previous time you two visited the church."

     "Damn, good for you guys!", the girl says.

     "Thank you. I look forward to seeing you guys again, or not. As long as you pray daily, the Lord and I will be pleased. However, I would still appreciate it if you stopped by now and then."

     "No- Shawty- don't encourage them to-", Ruv whispers to me, to which I hit him in the gut, silencing him.

     The girl and boy leave.

     "As fucking annoying as those kids are, wouldn't it be nice to have kids of our own, one day?", Ruv says, now recovered from the gut-punch.

     I blush, taken by surprise. "I suppose..."

     One day...