Chapter 10

*swap Sarvente's POV*

     It's been 2 weeks since those troublemakers broke the church windows. Ruv said he'd pay for the windows to be fixed, but I know he can't use his credit card without it being traced back to him (and he has a very high bounty), which means he's probably been out stealing wallets again...

     Speaking of Ruv, I can tell something is off with him... It feels like he's hiding something from me. I hope it doesn't involve our vow... No. He would never do that. If it's not about our vow, then what is it? It must be something important. Maybe... no. I shake the complete thought out of my head and try to focus on getting out of bed. I've been sitting in my bed, alone with my thoughts, when I should have been up around 30 minutes ago.

    When I get out of bed, Ruv is making breakfast again; spice cake pancakes, again. The one thing he can cook that never gets old.

     "Hey Sarv!", he says with a smile when I enter the room. "Everything fine? You're up later than usual."

     It's... actually kind of cute when he's trying to be casual. And even then, he's still cheerful and smiling. And... did he memorize when I get up?

     "Yeah.", I respond. "I think the power went out for some time last night, because my alarm clock was off.", I lie. It's a sin to lie, but then again, I am the devil. Maybe I'll tell him later. Maybe.

     He shrugs his shoulders, but I can tell that he knows that something's off. I, on the other hand, decide to turn my attention to breakfast.

     "Thank you for cooking today.", I say. "What's the occasion?"

     "Well, I was kinda hoping we could spend the day together!", Ruv says, with that goofy smile of his.

     "I'd love to," I say. "but who's going to run masses?"

     "I talked with this cross-eyed nun from Fevertown who offered to run them for the day!" says Ruv. (Quick swap Ruv POV: Plus, she has a really cool fencing foil!)

     "... Thank you.", I say as I give him a hug. I'm blushing again... Why am I so soft around him???

     I sit down and eat some pancakes. I wonder if there is something too sweet that mortals will die eating...

     After we eat, we go change into our normal clothes and get ready for the day. Since I am not serving masses, I don't need to wear my modified dollar-store nun outfit. I put on some pretty but casual clothes (my Lucifer top, my nun boots, and an aquamarine sweater that falls off my shoulders). I comb my hair, but I don't tie it up as I normally do, because I don't have to hide it under my veil. My small horns are sticking out, reminding me of the "monster" I am, that can't go to Heaven until the end of time. I don't know where I'd be in life if I never met that pink idiot...

     Once we are both dressed and ready, we decide to go to sit in the garden. Then, I notice a butterfly has landed on Ruv's head.

     "Ruv, don't move-", I say.

     "Wha-", he says, but I cut him off.

     "There's a butterfly on your head.", I say.

     I grab out my phone and try to take a photo, while Ruv tries not to move. It's funny how someone who can be so violent is capable of being so gentle. He has almost been arrested a couple of times, but besides that, he is very careful.

     After I take the photo, Ruv carefully stands up, and the butterfly flies away to the flowers.

     "Do you think there are any flowers that are the color of my sweater in the garden?", I ask Ruv after some more chatting.