Chapter 3

*swap Sarvente's POV (the next day)*

     I wake up, I realize I am in my room, and not on the couch in the living room where I fell asleep. Ruv must have carried me...

     Once I get dressed and comb my hair, I go to the kitchen to get breakfast ready.

     It's around 5am (earlier than I normally get up), and Ruv normally doesn't get up until 6. Strangely, today he is already awake. He made breakfast, too (which he rarely ever does).

     "Good morning, Sarv!", he says. "I see you're up early!"

     "Good morning...", I say. "What's up with you today?"

     "I thought I'd join you while you serve mass today.", he says.

     Ruv doesn't really pray (finding it boring), but he does it because he knows I appreciate it. He must be in a good mood today...

     "I see you also made pancakes.", I say to Ruv.

     He smiles, and serves me a few.

     "These taste good... What did you put in them?", I ask.

     "I turned your spice cake recipe into pancake form!", he says.

     "I'll make sure to make these next time we want pancakes for breakfast...", I say.

     Once we both finish our spice pancakes, I help Ruv put his eyepatch ribbon on, and tuck his hair under his ushaka. Then, he helps me tuck my hair under my veil.

     "Thank you, for carrying me to my room when I was asleep last night.", I say to Ruv.

     "No problem.", he says, with a smile.

     I give him a hug. I was never really a hugger, but something about him makes me feel more comfortable, and puts me at ease...

     "Damn, Shawty. Never really saw you as a hugger.", he says.

     "Shut up and appreciate it."

     "O-k."

     After that, we head to the main part of the church to serve mass.

     I enjoy spending time with him, and I enjoy serving masses... My 2 favorite things combined.

     Wait... what?

     "You ok, Shawty?", Ruv asks me. I must have zoned out...

     "Sorry, I zoned out for a second.", I assure him.

      After mass, we head back to the living quarters to eat dinner.

     "Why did you want to come with me to serve mass today?", I ask Ruv.

     "I'm in a good mood, and it's worth seeing you happy!", he says.

     "You're always in a good mood.", I say.

     "I believe you mean, "Thank you"?", he says, and gives me a hug. I can sense something beyond him being his normal self... He must be hiding something from me.

     "... Do you want to go somewhere for dinner tonight?", I ask. "You can choose where we go.".

     "Shawty, are you asking me out on a date?", he says, with a mischievous grin.

     "N- no...", I say, blushing. "I felt like I needed to return the favor..."

     "Thank you, Sarv!.", he says cheerfully. "How about that burger place we went to a while ago?" says Ruv. "The food there is too good to be poison!"

     "Fine with me...", I say.

     We have a good time at the restaurant, and then head back to the church. Luckily for him, no one spotted Ruv's face from the wanted posters.

     Once we get back and change into our night clothes, we watch TV. Ruv lets me choose what we watch, since I paid for dinner.

     This time, Ruv falls asleep first. I don't want to have to carry him back to his room like a very big child, so I decide to turn off the TV and sleep on the couch with him.

     "... Thank you for a great day.", I whisper to him, even though I know he can't hear me. Without thinking, I give him a kiss, and before I can comprehend what I just did, I fall asleep on his shoulder.