Chapter 7

*swap Ruv's POV*

     It's morning. Shit; I fell asleep in Sarvente's room last night.

     "Oh, good morning Ruv.", she says as she notices that I'm still here.

     "Sorry- I must have fallen asleep in your room last night.", I say to Sarv with a nervous chuckle.

     She blushes a little, which almost never happens. "It's fine.", she says. "I don't mind.", she smiles a little, another uncommon occurrence. Fuck; she's so cute.

     I get up and go back to my room to change out of my night clothes.

     After we eat breakfast, I join her during masses. I may hate how boring it is, but it's worth it, getting to see her smile.

     After masses, we head back to the living quarters.

     "I was wondering if maybe... you wanted to go to the mall?" I say to her as we walk back. I hate going to the mall, but she seems to enjoy it. "You've been complaining about your old dresses for a while now."

     "Sure.", Sarvente says with a light smile. "But I thought you don't like to go shopping?"

     "Meh- it's worth seeing you happy.", I respond.

     She doesn't know how to respond to that, and starts blushing. God- now I'm blushing.

     We walk over to the mall and chat.

     "How about this store?", Sarvente says to me. "The dresses look beautiful."

     We head in, and she spends an hour or so inspecting all the dresses. Eventually, she finds a few she likes and goes to the changing room.

     She comes out wearing this elegant black dress with aquamarine roses on it. Damn, that's hot.

     "What do you think?", she says, and does a twirl.

     Oh fuck, I'm staring.

     "You look... amazing, Shawty.", I say. She looks so beautiful, I couldn't even find the right words to describe how she looks... well, besides hot, but she'd get angry at me if I said that.

     "Thank you, Ruv.", Sarv says, smiling, again.

     As we leave, Sarvente stops at an advertisement.

     "You know, Ruv; you're doing all these kind things for me that you normally don't enjoy doing, and I feel like I haven't done that much..." she says.

     "Well, you welcomed me into the church when I had nowhere else to go.", I say. "That alone was very kind of you."

     "But you made our vow to stick by each other's side till the end of existence.", she says. "That was the most brave and kind thing you could ever do... We should do more things that you want to do.", she says. "You deserve it.".

     I give her a big bear hug. "Thank you, Shawty!", I respond.

     "I was thinking, maybe you wanted to go get tickets to watch the slapping contests?" Sarvente says. "They're in town right now.".

     "Epic!", I say.

     "You'd probably win every contest if you were in them.", she says.

     How can I not fucking love her?