Chapter 1

Note that it has been a while (maybe a year or 2, I don't know) since swap Ruv moved in.

*swap Sarvente's POV (in the living quarters of the church)*

     It's close to dinner time, and there's not that much to eat. I need to go to the store.

     "Ruv, I'm going to the store.", I say.

     He's watching Russian slapping contests on the TV again. He must not have heard me.

     I walk to the living room and tell him again. "Ruv, I'm going to the store."

     He turns his head with a suspicious smile on his face. "Can I go with ya?", he asks.

     What...? He has never been that willing to drop watching Russian slapping contests to go do something else, much less volunteer to join me...

     The store isn't that far away, so we walk. Ruv attemps to start a conversation with me.

      "Wanna know why I like Russian slapping contests so much?." Ruv asks me.

     "Sure...", I respond, even though I could honestly care less.

     "First of all, they're really funny! One time this guy slapped the other so hard that he broke a tooth, and it got lodged in the other's hand! Haha!", he says, laughing. "We should definetly watch it together once we get back to the church!"

     "Ok...", I respond. It's the least I could do for him volunteering to join me. "We can get some Neapolitan ice cream at the store to eat while watching it."

     Around halfway back from the store, I realize that I forgot to buy the Oreo ice cream. Between the business at the store and Ruv chatting with me, I was very distracted.

     Ruv notices this. "Don't worry Shawty, I got ya."

     "... Thank you.", I say.

     As annoying as he can be, it's kind of hard to imagine a life without him.