Chapter 2

- Trust issues

As Christian soon reached the second year of his high school life he became somewhat popular due to his friendship with the school jock, Leighton. After spending a full year together Christian considered Leighton to be his best friend.

He told Leighton everything. From his father's abuse to his parents divorce. He had at this point completely trusted Leighton with his life. On the other hand Leighton only kept Christian close because he seemed useful to him.

Christian was someone with advanced knowledge, Leighton considered this useful since he could help him pass his tests. Leighton did this because he knew the only way to continue his sports career was to pass all of his test making Christian useful in a way.

Every once in a while Christian would go watch Leighton play. He considered this to be the right thing to do since they were "best friends".

As time continued it was the sports season of the school were the schools show their students talents in sports.

Today's match was against their rivals Melius High School. They were the type of team that Christians High school - Gehenna High, were never certain they could  beat, since both schools were top notch, even if Gehenna High was the top High school in the nation.

As the teams started to get ready Christian thought it was only right to wish his "best friend" good luck personally.

He went into the boys locker room, where he heard something, something wrong. It was Leighton and he was talking to two other guys.

"Haa! Now that's the stuff!" Says random guy 1.

"Yo, give some here too." Responds Leighton.

Christian walked around the corner to see white powder right under Leightons nose.

"L-Leighton? W-What are you doing?"

Immediately the two other guys notice him they grab Christian and pinned him against the wall. He was petrified and didn't know what to do.

"Woah woah guys chill. His cool." Leighton says after taking another whiff of that powder.

The two boys looked towards Leighton and let Christian go. "L-Leighton...?"

"Christian my man. Just relax." He says in a calm tone.

"Leighton... are those...?"

"Yep, these are drugs."

"But arent those bad for you..."

"Don't worry. It isnt bad if you only take a little. Plus... how else do you think I'm always ready for a game?" The look in Leightons eyes seemed so reassuring. It made Christian feel he was trustworthy.

"Don't worry Chris. You can trust me and I can trust you... not to tell anyone... right?"

Christian was speechless, but he knew he had to agree. That was the only way to keep his best friend with him. So he just nodded. Without saying anything. He agreed to keep his secret.

"Good Chris. Now why dont you just go back to your seat and watch the game."

Christian stood up and walked away, but as he left he heard a few things they said.

"Can we really trust him" said random guy 2.

"Yeah we can... and ill make sure of that" Leighton said all reassuring to the other two with him.

Christian, confused and worried, walked back to his seat and gripped his arm. His mind was flooded with thoughts. He didn't know what to do so he just tried to let it go. He told himself that Leighton was trustworthy so their was no point to have doubts. He just continued to support him.

The game started and the teams came out. Leighton who has been the captain of the football team has made sure to always lead his team to victory. Including this time.

The team were tied and it was down to a penalty. It was the last kick. Ofcourse Leighton came up. All he needed to do was score and they would win, and as you know it, he did. His team won making their school stay on top.

Leighton won man of the match for his outstanding performance. And crowds came and flooded him. They raised him up and shouted his name, cheering for him. They thought he was a man who truly deserved it.

After the whole match Christian decided to go straight home. He didn't feel like he wanted to talk to Leighton about what happened so he just left. As he went home he was greeted by his father's assistant, Malica Mendax.

- Malica Mendax was an assistant sent by his grandfather. After he heard the news that his son was cheated on and he got divorced with his wife he sent him an assistant and money to help provide for his son and grandchildren.

Christian's grandfather was a successful businessman that sold different kinds of materials across the country. He became successful making him very rich in ways, but since the grandfather new  how to work for the money he was a humble person.

He soon passed away. He then chose to leave all his fortune to his one and only son, Dante De-Egnis.

He left his son with all his money to try to  teach him about the importance of income and making a business, but it did not end well making him a single drunkend father with 2 sons.

Christian and his brother Damion were very close to their grandfather and loved him very much. They had the best time when they spent it together. So the other reason the grandfather sent the assistant wasn't only for the father but to ensure the safety of his grandchildren as well.

Christian who entered his house met Malica Mendax. She took his bag off him and as he left to go to his room, she decided to search through his bag checking for anything dangerous since this was her duty.

As she searched his bag she found something unordinary. It was a small bag of white powder. She slowly opened the bag and dipped her pinky finger in it. She was stunned.

"This... this is!?" With a realization on what it was she immediately went to go tell his father about what she found out.

She knew since this man always practiced martial arts she would find him in his personal dojo. She went straight to his dojo and found him there doing what looks like kickboxing.

"Sir..." She said.

"What is It?" He said sounding annoyed.

"It's about your son..."

"Just get to the point!" He yelled.

She started to stutter, "He... um he had this in his bag sir." She took out the white bag and showed it too him.

"What is that? Give it here!" He took the bag and smelled it. "This is...!"

"It's drugs sir... I found it in yours sons bag..."

"Which one...! It must be that brat Damion! That boy...!"

"No sir... it was in Christians bag..."

"In who's bag!!?" She could see the rage in his eyes. His fists were clenched and he was ready to kill.

"Get that boy here now!!" He shouted. She knew this was not going to end well.

[End Of Chapter 2]