Chapter 23

- Evelyn - I wrote on the side of one of my pages in the middle of class.
- Evelyn, Evelyn, so pretty - I wrote. The class was very boring and to write her name felt like having her with me, closer.
I know that it's strange but, as time passed after seeing eachother, I missed her. I missed her eyes, her soft laughter, her pretty hair, her tender hands. I missed her.
The professor spoke for such a long time but minutes passed and dissolved while I left drawings of what I had lived with her the day we went to the concert.

Madeline tapped me on my arm.
- So...are you going to tell me about this Evelyn girl? - she said with a suspicious smile on her lips. That made me laugh.
- Oh, shush. We're in class - I said feeling the heat on my face.
- Sure looks like it - she said, taking a glance towards my drawings and I laughed. The professor looked at me and said,
- Hey, what was I just talking about?
- Fuck - I thought to myself.
I looked at the last thing he wrote on the board, his hand writing was horrible and I thought it said "Family" so I gave it a shot,
- About...family and its dinamic - I felt so dumb saying that, I had no clue of what he had been talking.
- No... I spoke of that an hour ago Hannah - I felt my whole body full of heat and pressure.
- Sorry I wasn't listening - I said. Anyways, I felt this laugh inside of me, this little giggle that I had to hold back.
- Next time, first of all, don't lie to me. And second, stop drawing those...things... - he said as if my paper was full of disgusting drawings.
- Sorry - I said, trying to get past this uncomfortable moment.
- Okay, let's get back to class - he said without looking at me.
Madeline looked at me and I felt uncomfortable, seen, as if he knew that I liked a girl because of my drawings.
- Chill, he's so dramatic - she said in a low voice. Her hand held my wrist and I felt her love. My heart started beating slower and suddenly everything felt better. Madeline was a good friend to have around.

Finally we finished the classes that day and Madeline looked at me with this little spark in her eyes.
- So...tell me - she said. And I felt caught, I laughed.
- Tell me dumby she said looking at me directly and I felt so happy suddenly.
- What? There's nothing to say - I answered.
- Did you guys kiss or something? - she asked. I felt myself blush.
- No! What? I'm with Tom - I said.
- Oh come on Hann...you want her - she said. And I denied it but deep down I knew she was right.
- We're friends, and I'm happy we're friends again - I said, acting formal.
- Yeah right - said Madeline.
- How many times did you meet her since you started talking again with her? - she asked.
- Once, only once - I said looking down at my feet.
- You...watch out. Don't let your emotions go crazy just because of a couple cute things. This girl...tell me more about her and I'll give you my opinion.

We walked for a while and I told her everything, from the very start to the very end.
- Hmm...you seem really into her. I've never seen you like this because of Tom - said Madeline.
- I'm not into her, I kind of like her a little, but I want to stay with Tom - I answered.
- All right...but if you keep on talking to her I can almost guarantee that you're going to fall in love - said Mad looking at me with a serious expression.
- Nah, I'm not going to, Tom's got my heart - I said, and Madeline didn't answer.
- What do you think about her with everything that I said - I asked curious.
- She's really strange...I feel like you have something that makes her want to be with you but I'm not sure what. You're really pretty Hann but I think that she finds something else in you that attracts her, by the way she treats you. There's something I believe, but don't get your hopes too high.
- I want to see her again - I said. My voice sounded a little desperate and we both laughed.
- Would you kiss her? - asked Mad.
- You're crazy - I answered defending myself without thinking about the question.
- No, I'm just asking - said Mad.
- No, I love Tom - I said back - and she'd never feel that towards me probably - I added.
- You don't know about that - said Madeline.
- If you didn't love Tom, would you? - asked Madeline.