Chapter 7

She took care of me. She handed a hanker chief to me and held my hand a little.
- Darling don't worry whatever is bothering you, I promise, it's temporary.
- Oh I hope so! - I said and tears streamed down my face.
- Yes, I promise - she said. She gave me this look of "I know, I've lived a life" while putting one of her hands on my shoulder.
- You can tell me you know? - she said a few moments later. And I felt myself blush.
- I need some time... I still haven't told anyone. It's very personal - I said with a tired voice.
- It's all right honey - she said. She had this light and it made her look younger...or even inmortal, I don't know.
She put her arm around me and I felt like I was with a kind grandmother that I hadn't known until then.

After a few minutes I thanked her and she thanked me, I don't know why. I left and my face felt a little more relaxed, not as soaked as a while ago.
I couldn't stop thinking about Tom, he was probably really worried also. I couldn't believe that we had been so dumb. My heart started racing and I had to stop and breath. So I did and somehow I made it to the entrance of my building.

I managed to put a smile on my face and hug my mom when I went into the apartment.
- Hey Hannah, how was it? Did you girls have a nice time? - she asked while combing my hair.
I sometimes wondered if she ever thought that maybe I wasn't having sleepovers with my friends. I hated lying to her but she wouldn't understand, she couldn't.

- Yeah, we had a really nice time - I answered. And couldn't stop thinking about Tom.
I went into my room and closed the door. My body dropped onto the bed and I felt so weak inside. Tears again started flowing out of my eyes and my only friend was my guitar that was in front of my bed. I touched the strings and placed one of my fingers on the wooden body. The vibrations travelled all over my skin and went directly into my heart.
After a while I fell asleep and all of my worries disappeared for a while until I woke up.