Chapter 22

It was cold outside and I felt strange, as if I was floating. I put on clothes that felt a little more elegant for the ocassion but I still felt like it wasn't what I wanted to wear. Clothes and outfits were never my strength.
The theatre was in front of my building. I had to cross the park that's in front of my building and there I was.

I waited at the entrance of the theatre, my heart was beating fast and I didn't know what to do with my hands.
I lost myself staring at the antique entrance and the strange expressions of the people entering. They all seemed to have this energy that wasn't the usual, a more tense energy. There was this old lady alone, her face was long and her hair was dark. I don't know why but she caught my attention, there, alone in the crowd full of moving people. I wanted to comfort her and let her know that she wasn't alone.

Sometimes when something causes me strong emotions I can feel them in my body, it's very strange. And when I saw that woman I felt this sting in me, this sort of thing that twisted in my heart. And the only way of calming those emotions is helping the other person, doing something about it.

- Hey! - I heard a voice that caught my attention. I looked and realized that it was Evelyn. She was smiling and I thought to myself damn she's beautiful.
- Hey - I said back, sort of out of air. She caught me off guard.
- I'm so happy you could come - she said.
- Come, follow me - she said. She had already arranged everything. I followed her through the large crowds and I felt free, as if I was finally going after something I wanted.

We sat next to eachother close to the front seats.
- It's about to start - she said almost whispering. I thought to myself that when she whispered her voice was very...sexy.
- Right - I said feeling dumb. I didn't know where to put my arms, I was nervous.

At first these priests started talking about the concert and that the idea of the concert was to gather money for the church and blablabla. My brain zoomed out and then I realized that Evelyn was talking to me.
- It's so nice...that they do this for the church - she said. I didn't know that she was religious.
- Oh...yeah - I said. Her eyes layed on mine and then I was honest,
- I wasn't listening - I said. She laughed.
- Oh Hannah - she said giggling.

The concert started finally and there was this pianist. My eyes focused on his fingers, how he made them dance on the keys. The music he made sounded so good I forgot about the rest of the instruments.
- You played the piano? - she asked looking at me.
- Guitar - I said back.
- But I love the piano - I said a few seconds later.

Music invaded the whole theatre and I felt energized by it, as if somehow it gave me life.
The violins, flutes, cellos, voices, it all combined so well. I looked at Evelyn to see how she was experiencing the moment and I was surprised. Her eyes were focused on each person of the orchestra and she had this expression on her face, this look of complete admiration. Her eyes had submission, as if she felt small towards the immensity of the music. And her body was open, as if she was receiving every single note of the concert.

I looked at her, at her long brown heavy hair, her pale white face, her red lips and dark thin eyebrows. She was so beautiful and with all of that music playing I felt overwhelmed.
- I love the voice of the woman - she whispered into my ear when a woman started to sing. I liked how she commented, how she said what she thought.
- Me too, she can sing - I said.

Evelyn loved taking pictures of everything. She filmed and captured lot's of moments. I was intrested in how she held her phone. Her hands held it firmly and she had this proud expression on her face that made her look like a mother that's filming her son.

When the concert ended I felt like we had lived something together, as if something had been built between the both of us.
We left the theatre and met the cold air of the street.
- Did you like it? - she asked looking into my eyes. She had this gaze full of life and emotion. Her eyes were alive.
- Yes, a lot. And you? - I asked.
- A lot too Hannah! - she said. When she said my name I had this feeling that was really strange, I felt my stomach turning upside down inside of me. It was very weird.