Chapter 16:I take a morning run in the rain

I woke in the morning because of a clash of lighting. I looked at Amelia's bed and realized she wasn't there and she must already have gotten up.I don't know who was cooking or what they were cooking but it smelled good, I walked into the kitchen and saw Amelia reading with a mug on the table.

"Morning." She said to me, with a smile.

"Morning." I replied.

"Did it rain all night?"

"Yeah and Apparently it's gonna rain till like three a clock in the afternoon, which sucks because today was gonna be the day we start searching for the sword again."

"Amelia, where's Kade?" I asked.

"Cooking breakfast, I think he's making pancakes with eggs,toast,and bacon." She replied.

"Well damn whatever it is it smells amazing."

"I know right?"

I sat down next to her at the table and I realized what was in her mug was coffee.

"You drink coffee?" I asked Amelia.

"Yeah, you don't?" She said.

"Well first of all I was a hobo most of my life so no I didn't get the opportunity to drink it every morning and second of all I can't stand It, I remember my dad letting me try some of his that stuff and It tasted like water with horrible flavoring."

She looked at me then smiled.

"Your dad must have drunk black coffee, which I can agree is terrible, but there's other kinds of coffee's like for example cream coffee that I am drinking right now." Amelia said.

"Oh that's my bad Amelia." I said.

"It's fine, don't worry, you can try it if you would like."

"I wouldn't mind that actually."

I got my own mug and Amelia poured some from her mug, I took a sip and my eyes widened.

"Wow you're right this stuff is good, I see why you drink it every morning." I said with a smile.

"I can show you how to make it one day if you'd like." Amelia offered.

"Please do I need this beverage of the gods every morning now."

Amelia laughed which made me smile because I love the way she laughs.

"Breakfast is ready." Kade announced.

"Finally I'm Starving!" I said.

"Alaric you're always starving." Amelia said.

"Shut it Crowe."

Kade placed the food on the table and let's just say it tasted better than it smelled.While we ate we discussed were the Sword of Whiteshadow could be.

"Ok so something I figured out about the compass is that it glows when we gotten near, look it is at its glowing peak but its flashing meaning were really close to it."

"So it shouldn't take much longer to find it?" I asked.

"No remember we still got Matthew and Madison to deal with."

"So it's a race for the sword basically." Kade said.

"Yeah pretty much." Amelia said.

We continued talking about the quest until all of sudden Kade's mom came inside, she opened the door with an umbrella in her hand.I heard the pouring rain outside, she then closed the door and walked over to us.
"Alaric,Kade,and Amelia, y'all won't believe what I just found." She said.