Chapter 14:We travel in a UPS delivery truck

You know, being on this quest I seen lots of things but never on this quest did I ever expect to be riding in the back of a UPS delivery truck.I woke to a box hitting me in the face which hurt pretty bad by the way, Amelia was still asleep, when I look around I spotted Kade awake.

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

"No a package hit me in the face." I said.

Kade was fidgeting with the compass, he didn't look like the always positive friend currently, he actually looked almost depressed.

"Dude you good?" I asked.

"No not really, just thinking about how close we are to my Mom's house." He replied.

I remembered what Charlie said about Kade's mom not wanting him home on my first day in Azania.

"What happened between you and her?" I asked.

Kade sighed.

"There was always a problem between me and her, ever since dad died in the army she became really neglectful to me but never my little sister." Kade said.

"You had a little sister?"

"Yeah she died when I was ten, she was about eight or nine." He says.

I could tell he was trying not to cry.

"I'm so sorry dude, she didn't deserve that, you didn't deserve that." I say.

"Its ok Alaric, but sometimes I still think about her, I try to think about only the happy times we had together but the memories always lead to the incident." Kade says.
"The incident?"

"Me and her were playing in the woods like we usually would do, but then today was different we spotted something we spotted a tall man he had jet black hair and red colored eyes he was wearing some kind of armor but I couldn't tell what kind it was, he had two dogs with him but they didn't look like normal dogs.When we spotted him me and my sister ran but he saw us and released one of the dogs I got away but my sister-"

I was speechless what kind of monster would try to kill them at such a young age.

"My Mother kicked me out of the house the same day, she blamed me for my sister's death." He said.

Kade's mom reminded me of my father neglecting me, treating me like a soldier instead of his own son.I wanted to tell Kade how I could relate but this wasn't about me it was about him.

"You deserves some much better dude, no one should have to go through that pain." I tell him.

"Thanks dude you're a real friend."

He smiled he was back to happy positive usual Kade.All of sudden the truck stopped not like parking for a delivery but like a forced stop.it woke Amelia up and at this moment I found out Amelia was not a morning person.

"Oh the hell did that!" She said.

"Well, aren't you bright this morning." I said

"Shut up!"

I can't blame her to be honest, not only because I'm not a morning person either, I just hate when people wake me up when I'm sleeping.

We walked out of the UPS truck and we saw the delivery man ranting in spanish about his flat tires.I looked and spotted Ruby leaning against a tree.Me,Amelia,and Kade all backed up from her.Amelia drew her katana, Me and Kade got ready to summon our element.

"How cute you guys think you actually stand a chance against me, well good thing I'm not here to fight I just wanna talk." She said.

"Well you didn't wanna talk on that bridge huh?" I replied.