Chapter 5:I get choked by a sand lady

By the amount of ptsd I have because of people I went to school with, I am not a very social person, yes I have social anxiety which when it comes up it feels like you've been hit by a brick, not that I have experience with it or anything, just read about it.Well enough about the issues I carry like a grocery bag from walmart, when the other kids walked in I spotted Kobe with a group of friends, and some blonde dude who was following them like a lost puppy and had the kind of face you wanna punch.Jade also walked by with some of her friends and beamed when she saw me, she wave slightly, then I saw the pretty mixed girl I saw earlier.She sat down in front of kobe and his friends, the blonde kid tapped her shoulder and told her something and glanced at me then looked back at her and her face went from confusion to what looked like anger.

"Dude don't let Midas catch you staring at his Daughter" Kade generously pointed out.

"Wait, that's his daughter?" I replied, surprised.

Midas walked in with what I least expected our teacher to have in a lesson, bro brought a whole ass Katana, I saw a glove over one of his hands and which could be like the myth the glove could be hiding his golden touch.

"As you may know, we are here to learn how to fight,defend ourselves,and learn to use your Element." Midas says to the class.

"Despite us being the most powerful beings on earth, we have flaws like most known; we all have disorders, the most common being ADHD,Dyslexia,and Anxiety." Midas announced.

I spotted some kid that raised his hand, like a child ranting for candy on halloween.

"Yes Blake, what is it?"

"Well I gotta a question, what's your element?" Blake asked.

I got a better look at Blake. He was a mexican boy with curly black hair, he looked eleven about three years younger than me.Midas smiles at his question and pulls off his glove showing his golden touch, Midas touches a eraser on his desk slightly and it turns to gold instantly.

"Does that answer your question, Blake?" Midas asks, I can tell with a hint of sass.

Blake's eyes widened like he saw his mom makeout with Santa Claus.

"But back to the lesson, today we're doing sparing, Kobe and Charlie can you get the mats please" Midas asked.

Kobe nodded and the blonde kid followed him, damn he doesn't look like a Charlie he looks like a Leroy.They brought the mats and placed them on the floor and damn were those mats big.

"For the first one we're gonna need a volunteer"

Why the hell did everyone have to look at me, like is there a cupcake behind me or something.

"What about our newest member Alaric Whiteshadow? Come up, Alaric." Midas Said.

Kade nudged me and I walked up, almost tripping in the process being has red has a tomato, I stood there awkwardly.

"And for the next one how about my daughter Amelia Crowe"

Amelia looked up and walked up to the other side of the mat, Charlie grinned like a manic at me and I didn't like it.Amelia glared at me, her orange eyes having anger.

"Amelia goes easy on him, it's his first time" Midas told her.

"He made a fire tornado the size of a tree, you call this a first time?" She replied.

"Just listen to me"

"Sure whatever you turn gold"

Midas rolled his eyes.

"Alright get ready on each side, remember this is sparring only with your elements and combat is included." Midas Says.

Amelia got ready in a real fighting stance it annoyed me that she was 1 inches taller than me, Im in a fighting stance but not looking like i'm fighting with powers, I'm over here standing like I'm fighting having to go pee.

"One,Two,Three, Start"

Amelia did not hesitate. She Immediately summoned sand from the sand pit in the other room and it came charging at me, I dodged it barely, I tried to ignite a white flame like I did with Jordy the demonbird but I couldn't. I just stood there looking like I was constipated, damn I suck at Element combat, unlike Amelia who fights with sand like shes a damn waterbender.Amelia eventually after so many times of me dodging knocked me to the ground, she looked pissed she started to summon sand around me, she summoned it up to my neck it holding me pinned to the ground.

"Amelia, Stop this!" Midas cried out.

Amelia got it up to my face and was choking me with sand, now at this moment I would say my life was flashing before my eyes but it's more like sand is flashing around my neck.I could barely breathe, midas ran into the sparring arena and he tried to pull Amelia back but she shoved him.She walked close up to me still choking me.
"You talking shit Whiteshadow!" she yells in my face.

I tried to shake my head but I couldn't.

"Let me tell you one thing you idiot, no one talks shit about me and gets away with it especially behind my back, like if your going to say something say it to my face"

"I never talked shit" I said, weakly still being choked.

Amelia gave me a look of confusion replacing the anger, she released the sand from around throat to where she wasn't choking me anymore.Kade walked down to the sparring area.

"Amelia, I'm a witness. I can confirm he was not saying anything bad about you. I was with him the whole time." Kade says calmly.

"But Charlie told me-" she paused, her face flushed with realization.

She looked at me with a look of betrayal and hurt, like this happened before, it made me feel bad for her no matter how mad I was right now.

"Im s-sorry, I didn't know I-" she was on the verge of tears but held on to stay strong.

Midas walked her out of the room, playing with a Pieace of her hair which looked like a way that calms her down.

"Kade take Alaric to the fire colony, Also class is dismissed" Midas said.

When Kade and Me started to walk off, Charlie Approached us.

"The fact the guy who made a tree sized fire tornado got taken down by a person who controls sand, pathetic." Charlie said with a smirk.

"Dude she's trained really well, how the hell is that pathetic, I mean did you see her!?." I said.

"Only reason she's the best is because her daddy runs the whole thing and is the best fighter in the history of the elements"

One part of me wanted to also bash Amelia because she humiliated me, but the look she gave me, made me realize she wasn't popular despite being the daughter of Midas, she wasn't exactly bullied but manipulated bc of how hot headed she is.I felt bad for her, one part wanted to be mad but the main part felt bad and it one the fight.

"Or maybe you're just downgrading her to make yourself feel good and yet you're just mad you will never be as good as her." I say to Charlie looking into his eyes.

"You wanna start something Whiteshadow?" Charlie says to me, losing his smirk.

"Dude lay off it's his first day" Kade says stepping in.

"Don't get me started on you Lee, at least my mom wants me home"

Kade face drops, I turned to Kade with sympathy.

"Kade what does he mean?" I ask.

"Alaric lets get you to the fire colony"

"But Kade-"

"I Said, let's get you to the fire colony!" He yells at me with not anger but hurtness.

I nod and follow him and watch Charlie leaves with a smirk, damn I wanna drown him in a water fountain.