Chapter 6:We find my heritage in a wall

After the events that just happened I realized two things: this place had assholes just like normal places and two I would protect and defend Kade for now on.After what Charlie said about Kade's mom the once smiley positive dude I first met was gone, we were both quiet the whole way to the fire colony.I wanted to ask Kade about it but I didn't wanna push anything, we eventually arrived at the fire colony and Kade brought me into one of the cabins.

"This is gonna be where you're gonna be staying Alaric" Kade said softly.

"Look Kade, what happened in there-" I said.

"Look I will tell you one day, just let me get the confidence to do it"

I nodded understandingly.

"Go talk to Joshua over there, he's the guy with brown hair and orange highlights" Kade says to me.

"Alright, see you later Kade" I tell him, with a smile.

"One more thing after dinner meet me near the earth colony"

"Ok? Why-"

"Don't ask questions, just meet me there alright?" Kade asks.

"Ok I got you" I replied.

Kade formed a smile, it was good to see him smile after what just happened.

"Ok see you Alaric"

"See ya Kade"

I walked into the cabin, some kids in there were staring at me, some were giving me the stank eye, and a group of girls were giggling looking at me like I was Josh Hutcherson.I spotted a guy who looked about 17, he had brown hair with orange highlights like Kade said but it was parted, along with flaming red eyes and tan skin.

"Are you Joshua?" I ask, going up to him.

"Maybe I don't know are you Alaric Whiteshadow?" he said in a cocky tone.

"Yeah I'm Alaric Whiteshadow, don't cream your pants"

Joshua instead of getting mad started laughing.

"I like you, But seriously yeah I'm Joshua Cheek, counselor of this cabin" He says, offering his hand.

I shook his hand, and from there Joshua showed me around the fire colony he even tried to teach me how to ignite a flame.

"So the key to doing it is just concentrate on the heat of your body and build it up" He told me, he ignited a dark red flame into his hand."You try" he tells me.

I did what he told me to do, I saw a white flame flicker but it didn't bloom.

"Damn it, so close" I muttered.

"You will get it one day, don't worry kid" He encouraged.

My first day here was starting to come to a close. Day was falling and night was starting to take over, I went with the fire colony to dinner and went in line to get my food.

"So what do they got here?" I asked Joshua.

"About anything you could ask for," He replied.

I got a plate full of wings with a Dr Pepper (Number One Drink in the World), I sat down with the rest of my fellow fire elementals, I saw Kade eating at the Air table, he gave me a wink and a grin, I spotted Amelia at the earth table I saw she had a little bit of food on her plate not much like everybody else, she ate it and got up and left earlier than everybody else which confused me.Midas came up onto the podium,

"Another successful day I could say but the same successful day comes to a close, so you are all now dismissed to your colony for the night." Midas announced.