Chapter 13:Ruby makes a bridge collapse

"So Like This?" I say, trying to summon a flame.

"No, Alaric you're trying too hard to do it, Fire may be one of the more chaotic elements but to summon it you have to not try so hard to do it." Amelia tells me.

I nod and think about what she said, I didn't try so hard on this attempt I built up that tingling feeling in my hand a sorta flicked my wrist and all of sudden a white flame appeared in my hand the size of a baseball.

"Ah!" I yelled, surprised.

I tossed it in the air then caught it in my other hand then tossed it into the air again it hit my stomach but just disappeared into smoke.Amelia giggled at me being well me which I wasn't really offended because I like making her laugh even when it's at me.

"Alaric you're immune to being burnt, remember?" She asks.

"Yeah I think I demonstrated that for myself perfectly." I replied.

That got another laugh from her.

"Ok so the compass is pointing in that direction which on the map apparently is some kind of bridge." Kade Pointed out.

It's been 5 days since we left the camp site after the fight with Ruby at Mcdonalds still wish I got that cheese burger by the way.In these 5 days I have been trying to get better with my element which today seems to be to the biggest improvement, also Amelia's leg is now healed because to reason elementals naturally regenerate injuries and because some lady named Audrey Anderson gave us Themosi to make it heal quicker.

"And how far is this bridge?" I ask.

"About three more miles, and there's a Chick-fil-a on the way there so we can get something to eat on the way."

"Oh thank the elder elements."

We eventually did make it to Chick-fil-a, we sat down at the tables and ate our breakfast.Me and Amelia both got a plain chicken biscuit with hash browns, Kade got the hash brown burrito which lowkey looked like it tasted amazing.We eventually got done with our food and went outside and- you know why don't take a wild guess? Ding! Ding! Correct! something wants to kill us! Confetti! But anyway we went outside and we saw two people in pitch black uniforms with double swords drawn.Each of their uniforms had a logo on it that said "Nightshade" and they had some kind of giant scorpion pet behind them. I wondered if Jordy and him were valentines.

"Wow, first I got attacked by a demon bird that watches people in the shower, now there are two dudes with a mutant scorpion pokemon." I say.

"So you're the one Nightshade calls Alaric Whiteshadow?" One of the dudes says.

"What? You read about me in his dream diary?"

"Look kid, you keep giving me attitude. I won't hesitate to release big momma on you." He says, gesturing to the scorpion.

"Look man, I have already come across a lot of things that have wanted to kill me and we sent them back packing." I replied.

Amelia grabs me by the arm and turns me to look at her.

"Alaric that thing right there is a Slitherstalker, one of the first children of Darkness born to kill elementals and to terrorize human's lives so no offense but at the rate you're at you will stand no chance against that thing." Amelia says.

"Look little girl you think just because he stops giving me attitude I will still not try to kill him." He says.

All of sudden the dude holding the Slitherstalker with a lasso released him.Amelia drew her Katana,Kade Pulled out the bow he stole from Midas's storage building and drew an arrow,Me? I ignited a white flame into my hand and surprisingly it stayed and felt easier to control and also more powerful.The Two dudes got ready to fight one of the summoned vines which weren't like how Jade's are.Instead of being pretty and nice they were ugly and had thorns.The other guy did some hand motions which at one point looked like the Macarena dance, he tension of the wind around us felt more aggressive.The battle started Amelia and the viney dude got into a one on one match he hit Amelia with a vine and tried to strangle her but then Amelia made the ground beneath him crack making him fall into the cracks getting his foot stuck making him lose control of his vines.The guy got out of the whole though eventually and then he turned some vines into poisonous grenade like things which apparently is something you can do with the nature element.Has they were coming at Amelia out of stone she made armor around herself and it protected her from the poison grenades, then she sliced the dudes leg with the katana then she summoned a rock and hit the dude in the head hard enough to knock him out but now kill him.