Randar

Was it really all his fault, or was fate just mocking him? For years, there was peace in Borgon; there were occasional small problems, but overall, under his father Ugmar Brenner, there was peace and tranquility. Now that he is king, problems are piling up. He should never have listened to Nubé Savos. Nubé only brought him trouble. Since he met him, everything has gone wrong. His brother is confined to a bow for the rest of his life, his father has passed away, and there are constant demands from Nubé himself. Randar realizes that he must obtain the gemstone, grail, and medallion, or his life is over. However, he can't even manage to acquire one of these objects. He has heard nothing from Kurt Holger or François Oudenhuysen. What could have happened to them? One thing is clear to Randar, though, and that is that Jordaan Frasiër no longer has the gemstone. Jordaan is currently in the castle, expecting Randar, as the king, to organize a large search operation to find his gemstone.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there is also panic. A large horde of orcs has invaded from the realm of Midgorn. Randar has no time for this. He wants to search for the gemstone and find a way to dismiss Jordaan.Jordaan Frasiër is not the only noble waiting for him. Robert and Esmeralda Electus, as well as nephew and niece Herald and Kimana Filony, are also present. Kimana has brought her husband Gorult along. They all want a solution to the orc army. They all expect him, as king, to have the answers to these problems, but he simply does not. 

"They are waiting for you, King Randar. What should I tell them? They are getting impatient."

"You don't have to tell them anything, Rikardus. Just take me to the throne room; I will have to face them."

When the doors of the throne room open, Randar sees Jordaan approaching him directly.

"Where have you been? We urgently need to discuss how we will organize the search for the gemstone." 

"Duke Jordaan, I believe the search for your gemstone can wait a while. Are you not ashamed? Our city is under attack by a horde of orcs. They have abducted men, women, and children, and they are advancing further into Borgon. Toro has been significantly destroyed. I think the king's attention should come to us first." 

"I just wanted to make sure, Kimana, that Randar realizes my gemstone has been stolen. The person who currently possesses it has the right to my position. The entire political structure of Borgon could change because of this!" 

"Shut your mouth, man. You had no right to become a duke. You are nothing more than a simple squire appointed by a senile man."

"I would pay close attention to your next words, Kimana. It's really not the moment to take such a tone with me. I am still your duke, and you remain a simple marquess."

"Everyone knows, Jordaan, that I had the right to become the duchess of the Batavia realm! It's a disgrace that that idiot Maximiliaan Gurton appointed you!"

"I warned you, Kimana!" After these words, Jordaan draws his sword. Herald, who was observing the conversation, also immediately unsheathes his sword. 

"Don't you dare harm my sister, or you can forget about your title as duke!"

"Now, that's enough! Esmeralda and I didn't come here to witness two bickering individuals. We are facing a real threat right now. A massive horde of orcs is marching through Borgon! This concerns all of us! Let all these political intrigues be set aside for once! Randar, say something!"

Randar can only watch in amazement. Robert's outburst seems to work, as both Kimana and Jordaan fall silent. The swords of Herald and Jordaan also return to their sheaths. "Well, now that everyone has had a chance to vent, it seems like a good idea for us to take a seat at the table and discuss this matter." After Randar's words, everyone sits down, but a tense atmosphere remains in the air. However, the silence doesn't last long; Robert almost immediately takes the floor again. 

"Alright, Randar, what's the plan? The orcs were last seen north of the village of Zork. That means they could arrive in Clarus very soon. We need to act now, Randar! How many troops can the crown provide to strengthen my army? I plan to meet the orcs with a large part of my knights to the west of Zork."

Randar doesn't immediately answer Robert's question. He has no idea how many knights he wants to send to fight against an orc army. "Randar, can you also send a garrison to the city of Toro? We really need help to recover as quickly as possible. The sooner we get help, the more chance we have of saving our population from these orcs."

Who did Kimana think she was, anyway? All his life, he received nothing but a look of hatred from her. All because her mother, Astrid Filony, didn't get along with her own sister, Celine. Even though he never knew his mother, her existence has soured his life. Everyone couldn't stand him throughout his life because of her. Neither Astrid nor Kimana because he was her son, and Ugmar not because, in his eyes, he had killed her. "Clarus will not send aid to Toro. It is crucial at this moment to protect the capital as best as possible. We cannot afford to lose anyone. If the orcs have indeed been spotted near Zork, they could be here very soon. The city gates will be closed, and the walls will be continuously guarded. The moat around the castle will be filled, and the drawbridge will be permanently raised. On every tower, there will be archers, and in every corridor of this castle, guards will be stationed to protect everyone. This castle and this city will not fall to the orcs!" 

"So, you're leaving the village of Zork to its fate? You're not sending aid to them or to the city of Toro? Randar, you can't do this." 

"Your king has made a decision, Robert, and I would appreciate it if you accept it. By the way, I grant everyone here the right to stay in the castle during this difficult period."

"Do as you please, Randar. The population needs our help, and I won't hide in my castle. Kimana Filony, I solemnly promise that the Jura realm supports you. We will send a selection of knights to Toro to assist you. With the rest of my troops, I will go to Zork to protect the people there. Hopefully, I will soon deal with this horde of orcs. In the meantime, my wife Esmeralda will govern the Jura realm."

"Do as you please, Clarus is not sending aid. Realize that once you leave the city, you won't be able to re-enter. You will only regain access to the city once the danger has passed." 

After these words, Kimana, Gorult, Herald, Robert, and Esmeralda leave the room frustrated. However, Kimana can't resist delivering one last jab, "It is very clear at this moment why Ugmar didn't want you to become king!" After this remark, the door is slammed shut, leaving Randar alone with Jordaan in the throne room.

"If it's alright with you, Randar, I gladly accept the offer to stay in your castle until the threat of the orcs has disappeared. In the meantime, we can thoroughly discuss the search for my gemstone." After this comment, a cramp shoots through his neck. The stress is beginning to take its toll. He hopes that everything will return to normal soon.