Xaro

The rumors turned out to be true. In the past few days, a voice had spread that  Crown Prince Vilijn had returned. Some claimed to have seen him in Kongorn, but he wasn't alone. There was a rumor that he had a girl with him. However, the girl wasn't a drow but a human, and he had brought her into the shadow world.

Xaro didn't want to believe any of this. He was convinced that his son understood that his mission was essential and that romance couldn't interfere. Xaro must now face the truth as Vilijn stands before his throne. 

"Why have you returned, my son? Is your mission complete?" 

Vilijn looks at him with a stern face and then begins to speak. "Father, for the past six years, I've studied the old elves for you. I've analyzed them thoroughly, and I know exactly how they work. I've identified all their weaknesses, but they are simply too numerous. When you see their numbers compared to ours, you'll realize we stand no chance. We simply don't have the numbers." 

Xaro can tell that his son has more to say. So he asks him, "Are the rumors true that you brought a human into our world?"

Vilijn looks at his father after those words with a defiant expression, but then it changes to one of resentment. Afterward, he begins to speak again. "I've done my utmost for six years, father, but as I've said, it's impossible. I met her last year. I was studying the old elves in Bitgorn Vil when I met her. 

You can't understand how it feels not to have a serious conversation with anyone for five years. All that time, I had to put on a mask. With her, I could be myself, and her personality appealed to me. I never understood why the old elves had sex with humans and even started serious relationships with them. All of that changed when I met her. So, I've returned after six years to ask if I can quit my mission. I've explained the problem to you, and I would like to live my life with Merel." 

After hearing these words, Xaro realizes what he must do. He hopes his son will understand and not be angry with him for the rest of his life. "Because you didn't take your mission seriously, I'm obliged to banish you. You could have changed history, made me proud. I've been preparing you for this mission your entire life. It's your destiny, but you disappointed me. You'll never set foot here again. Because when you do, I'll ensure it's not only you who suffers the consequences. Do you understand me well?"

Xaro sees how shocked Vilijn is by these words. He sees Vilijn look at his sword hanging around his body. Then he sees his son swallow his anger and kneel down, beginning to speak. "I promise you this, I will return and not disappoint you. Because when I return, I will have fulfilled my destiny. You won't harm me or anyone else. I will make your dream come true." 

After Vilijn speaks these words, Xaro sees his son turn around and leave the throne room. Somewhere inside, it hurts to see his son leave in such anger. However, the feeling that triumphs is joy. The forbidden love from the prophecy, it must be about his son and that human girl. If that's true, it means that the prophecy is finally coming true, and his son will indeed play a crucial role. A race will rise from banishment; the time has finally come! 

"What is to be done with the girl, my lord?" 

Xaro's thoughts stop abruptly as he looks at the drow who was so blunt as to interrupt his thoughts. "Nothing is to happen to that girl; provide her with a room and everything she desires. If I harm her, I'll never see my son again. Show her that we, as drows, are a good race. However, she must never leave this city; she must stay close. She'll understand that if she truly loves my son." Afterward, Xaro goes to his desk and begins to write three letters. Then he summons a messenger and tells him to deliver these letters to Zelress, Zilvra, and his wife Nedrill Dahvar.