Vilijn

Vilijn looks at the parchment scroll that Goudain Eduix hands him. "What am I supposed to do with this letter, Goudain? Can't you or one of my advisors handle this?"

"Baron Savos, this scroll is sealed with the emblem of House Filony. You are the only one entitled to read the contents of this letter." People and all their political rules. It's amazing they don't get dizzy themselves, king, duke, marquis, baron. Vilijn already gets a headache just thinking about all these titles. These titles are just a way to make people believe they have power.

"I grant you permission, Goudain, to read this letter. By the way, you don't need to bother me anymore when it comes to these letters. We both know well enough that House Filony is probably asking for help again. You know my opinion on this matter, Kamu will not send aid." Vilijn sees in Goudain's expression that he disagrees. However, he nods and says he will send a letter back with Nubé's response.

When Goudain has left the room, Vilijn is finally alone again. He hadn't considered this. After years of living a double life as the old Drago Alvaro, he now spends his days as Baron Nubé Savos. He just wanted to be Vilijn Dahvar again. In principle, that day could be near. If Randar completes his task, he can finally return to the shadow world. He would then be able to see Merel. He hasn't heard from Randar in several months. Should he pay him a visit? However, Randar was busy with his assignment. The gemstone was no longer present in the city of Morala. Within a few months, the three objects will likely have disappeared, and his mission will be complete. Borgon would thus plunge into complete chaos, but he doesn't care. People should solve their own problems.

He must ensure that no one suspects that Baron Nubé Savos is involved in these thefts. He doesn't want any loose ends. There must be absolutely no link. Ideally, the objects would end up in Kongorn without his intervention. An efficient distribution network, that's what he needs.His father was right after all these years. The old Vilijn would have stormed into the three capitals long ago and stolen the objects himself. However, he would never have been able to keep the objects that way. The way he's doing it now takes longer but his plan will work perfectly. However, how will he get these objects from Borgon to Kongorn? There is an ocean between the continent Midbad and Kongorn.

Who can he trust to bring them there without his intervention? How will this person travel? Transporting the objects by boat can be dangerous. There are always too many people on a boat. However, the objects could be transported underground. It's even fortunate that he has a dwarf who listens to him. Yes, this is the way to make the objects disappear from Borgon unnoticed. Gandogar listens to him; that dwarf would do anything to gain more power. Vilijn can no longer suppress the smile that forms on his face.

He walks to his fireplace and mutters a spell in Elvish. This causes the fireplace to slowly disappear and a staircase appears. He walks down, and for a while, it is pitch dark. Then he hears the bubbling of cauldrons, and light gradually appears again. The stairs lead to a large cellar. In this room hang several torches, and it is warm. Because this room is located beneath the fireplace, there is a natural circulation of warmth. There are several tables filled with various books and alchemical equipment. Above one of the cauldrons hangs Gandogar, eagerly watching the brew he is making.

"It's almost finished, master. I've followed every step, and I believe it's perfect." Perfect, Vilijn can't believe Gandogar thinks what he's brewing now is perfect. Making a forgetfulness potion requires much more experience. 

"When this potion is ready, sir, am I ready to learn my first spell?" His first spell, that's all he ever asks for. Gandogar has no patience; he will never become a seasoned mage like this. On the other hand, maybe it's time to teach him some spells. Gandogar is a pawn whose best use Vilijn hasn't yet figured out. However, teaching him some spells wouldn't hurt. It might come in handy later. However, before teaching spells to Gandogar, the issue of transporting the objects must be resolved.