Oudenhuysen

Nubé Savos looks at ease, but his handshake is firm. Who is this man? That's the question he wants an answer to, and he won't leave until he gets it. After several months, there was still no new information about the adventurers who had stolen the gemstone. Despite Pivanu's contacts, they had managed to remain unnoticed. This frustrates him; he wants to find the adventurers, he wants his gemstone.

Duriël came to him one afternoon with interesting information. He had traced the genealogies of the most important houses in Borgon. One detail caught his attention concerning the Lockinsé family. This family had been the barons of Kamu for generations. They also had a good relationship with the Brenner family, one of the first houses to assist the royal family when they needed help.

Rodrik Lockinsé had come to Clarus when Ugmar Brenner fell ill due to a virus. Eventually, it was the Filony family that provided the remedy that helped Ugmar overcome the virus. However, it was partly thanks to Rodrik that Ugmar survived. Rodrik had cared for Ugmar for months. Without him, the remedy would have been too late.

Today, however, Kamu is no longer ruled by the Lockinsé family. The current baron is a man named Nubé Savos. Duriël could find little information about this man. The reasons why the Lockinsé family had relinquished their territories to him are very vague. It was said to involve a large sum of money, but Duriël doesn't know much more about it.

Furthermore, few nobles have contact with this baron. Except for Randar Brenner, who has been seen multiple times in Kamu. What particularly struck Duriël was that these visits started from the 24th birthday of Crown Prince Timel until his disappearance. After this, Randar was never seen in Kamu again. However, Nubé himself visited Clarus once, a few months after Ugmar Brenner's death.

It's clear to Oudenhuysen, Nubé Savos is involved in Timel Brenner's disappearance. The question is, does he also want Duke Jordaan's gemstone? Is Randar working for him, and if so, why does he want this gemstone? Today is the day he will finally get answers after all this time."So, your name is Nubé Savos? My apologies, but I have never heard of you until recently. Your family name also means nothing to me."  Oudenhuysen looks attentively at how Nubé reacts. However, he takes his glass of red wine, drinks from it, and responds very calmly and controlled.

"I'm not surprised you've never heard of me. I have only been the Baron of Kamu for a few years. What surprises me more is what you're doing in my mansion. I am certainly open to starting a trade relationship. However, I have to wonder if there are no more interesting houses in Borgon with which you could start one. After all, I am just a baron."

"I have trade relations with various people on the noble ladder. Whether you are a king or a baron, as long as it's profitable. However, you intrigue me, Baron Savos."

"That would surprise me, Mr. Oudenhuysen; after all, I am just a baron. You, on the other hand, are one of the most successful traders. Many people look up to you; I am a great admirer myself. I consider it an honor to receive you in my mansion."

"Do you know what I wonder, Nubé? How someone like you can be a Baron. As you say, I am a successful trader. I have my contacts. Any idea what those contacts had to say about you?" He sees Nubé's relaxed expression start to fade. However, there's still little to glean from it."I wouldn't know, Mr. Oudenhuysen. The past few years have been peaceful in Kamu. I believe everyone has only positive things to say about me."

"The past few years have been peaceful? Recently, the city of Toro was attacked by an army of orcs. The village of Zork will take years to recover. Robert Electus has died, and the orc army has vanished into thin air. Jordaan Frasiër's gemstone is missing. This puts the duchy of Batavia under enormous pressure. Anyone could have this gemstone and become a duke overnight. I wouldn't call this peaceful; do you have any idea where the orcs or that gemstone went?"