Chapter 8 (Season 2): Cold to Hot

2 weeks later, it was January 16th as Abby was talking about where they would be heading for the next competition.

"This weekend, we will be traveling to Miami Beach, Florida!" Abby informed as the moms and girls cheered and applauded. "There's sun, sand and pool boys.

"Somehow i knew you were gonna say that." Cooper told Abby, who laughed.

"We have a group dance which even has Mackenzie in it and it's called Reputation, think about Beach Blanket Bingo starring Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon. Coop, i know you've seen the movie many times, so moms, when the girls head home later tonight, make sure to have them watch those old movies so they can see what the group dance is about." Abby said.

"Got you." Melissa commented.

"Maddie, you have a solo known as All Of My Life, Chloe also has a solo called Send Down Your Love, Nia has a solo as well called Balia and there's a trio which will have Maddie, Chloe and Paige named Les Divas."

Maddie, Chloe and Paige hugged as they were happy to do a trio, but Holly looked miffed as she oped that Nia would be considered. Paige raised her hand as Abby looked at her.

"Yes, Paige?"

"Just to let you know, i have to get my plantar warts from my feet removed tomorrow, so that kind of throws things out of whack as i'm unsure if i'll be able to do the trio because i am having a rough time walking on it." Paige informed.

"They informed me that she'll be ready in 3 days." Kelly said. "I'm unsure as well as we cannot changed the appointment, which i did 15 times."

"You may be right as we don't want Paige to physically be in pain while she's learning, so we'll have to think really hard about this and we might have to put somebody else in the trio." Abby said as hope was on Holly's face, knowing Nia might be in the trio in the event Paige isn't in the trio.

"Make sure to get that fixed, Paige and that takes priority." Cooper told Paige. "Moms, exit and girls, warm up."

The moms went upstairs as the girls started warming up and the next day as the group was rehearsed, Holly walked into Studio A.

"Holly, you better have a good excuse why you are interrupting rehearsal." Cooper said to Holly as he raised his eyebrow, he did not like it when one of the moms interrupted rehearsals as he knew they would verbally fight with his mother.

"Cooper, i want to talk to your mom for a second." Holly told him as Abby approached her.

"Holly, i'm coming to your school , walking in your office and interrupting you! It's ridiculous!" Abby sighed with an exasperated look on her face.

"That's all right, you can do that as i've had parents do that so many times." Holly commented as the two went out to the foyer with Cooper looking on, he gave Holly a look as to say that she was about to lose the verbal fight to his mom. "I'd like for Nia to be considered. You said you would consider here, but you looked beyond her in pyramid and did not give her the courtesy of being considered for the trio!"

"You have no clue because you are so far off my plans!" Abby retorted. "Paige might not be able to do the trio, Nia's it and she has a solo! You come in and have the audacity to interrupt and you do not need to do that as you don't have a doggone clue on what my plan is! You don't have a clue!"

"What i was asking was--" Holly began before Abby gestured to Cooper to jump in.

"Holly, it is not about what your thoughts are and it doesn't matter what your thoughts are!" Cooper exclaimed.

"It does matter what my thoughts are as i'm Nia's mother and a mother looking out for her kid trumps the word of a dance teacher who is your mother."

"In this studio, this is my mom's domain, she's the principal here and this is her office and that means she sets the rules!" Cooper matter of factly stated. "Another thing, my mom will not be bossed around whatsoever, she gave Nia a solo and thought about putting her in the trio, but it's not good enough for you! What you need is detention!"