Chapter 2: Electric Dancing

The next day at Abby's apartment, Abby was looking for costumes for the next competition on her laptop as Cooper was in his room watching Comcast SportsNet and they were talking about the Chicago Blackhawks, a NHL team that plays at an arena called the United Center and it's also home to a NBA team named the Chicago Bulls. What was being talked about was the Blackhawks facing the Detroit Red Wings later on that night at the United Center an in addition, they were talking about the Blackhawks' playoff chances and the Bulls' chances of winning the NBA championship and Derrick Rose, the point guard of the Bulls likely winning MVP.

"Coop, can you come here, please?" Abby called.

Cooper came from his bedroom to see what his mother wanted and he sat next to her.

"Here i am, mom." Cooper said, making Abby chuckle.

"Just so you know, i found a costume for the girls for the next competition and i wanted to show you in advance." Abby told her son.

Cooper looked at the costume Abby found for the girls and his eyes went wide as the costume consisted of a shiny black and turquoise top, collar like choker, shiny turquoise shorts, black trip and socks that were knee high and 2 inches above the knee.

"Wow. Just when i thought i've seen em' all. The moms are gonna complain when they see this. But i bet Brooke would be really beautiful in the costume." Cooper thought to himself.

"Thought?" Abby asked.

"My thoughts on this are that the costume is cutting edge and i know the moms'll whine, but it's your dance studio, so it's your call."

"Great to know at least somebody agrees with me."

The next day at the studio, Abby was recapping the previous competition.

"Phoenix was really rough." Abby told the girls. "You got your rear ends kicked and you've won everything when it comes to competing at home in the Chicagoland area, but it's a totally different story when it comes to traveling on a bus, plane or even a train across the country. For years, i have taken the kids to the competitions myself, made sure that their hair and makeup were right, made sure the headpiece was on and the costumes were all right, but nowadays, the mothers want to travel as they're revisiting their childhoods through you and that's where the trouble starts. I'm the dance teacher and leader, you do what i say and whenever your mother is telling you something different, it becomes a conflict. Got it?"

The girls nodded as Cooper looked in Nia's direction.

"Nia, how do you think you did?" Cooper asked Nia.

"We could've improved. I've got to improve on pointing my feet because we were sloppy, especially the feet, legs, shoulders and arms and those need big time tuning." Nia answered.

"That they do. Those are the kinds of mistakes that pull the group down." Abby said, before she looked over to Chloe. "Chloe, your headband was down."

"Yes, it was. I could have prevented that and i will make sure my headpiece stays on." Chloe admitted to the dance teacher.

"Good to know."

"This new group dance will be known as Electricity and Maddie, since you did great and your mother didn't give me any trouble, you'll be front and center for the group and we've got 2 solos with one going to Maddie, which is named Cry and Chloe, you'll also do a solo called Baby Mine." Abby informed. "We'll be traveling to StarQuest in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Moms, you can head out and girls, let's begin it."

Melissa, Christi, Kelly and Holly went to the observation room.

"Here we are again, sitting up here like Donkeys." Christi sighed.