Chapter 1 (Season 2): Coop Down

(A/N: Starting with this chapter, Cooper will revert his hair back from cornrows to long hair)

Three months had passed since the Abby Lee Dance Company won the National Title in Lake Tahoe and it was October 24th and that was the first day of the new dance season and at Abby's apartment, the time was 7:00 am and in Cooper's bedroom, Cooper was asleep and a few weeks ago, he reverted his hairstyle back to long hair after having cornrows since June and he was waiting for later in the day for the season to start, but then from out of nowhere, he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen which woke him up and he was in a drenching sweat looking pale.

"Agh!" Cooper hissed in pain, holding his abdomen, then he felt the pain in his right side and he got up, ran to the bathroom across from his bedroom and threw up in the toilet as he heard footsteps, which came from Abby, who heard her son's shout of pain so she came to see if he was ok.

"Coop, are you ok?!" Abby worriedly asked her son.

"Mom..." Cooper groaned. "I was asleep and then from out of nowhere, i felt this pain in my abdomen and it went to my right side."

Abby walked over to Cooper and felt his forehead, he was really burning up and that meant he had a fever as the alarms rang in the dance teacher's head as Maryen came in the bathroom and a worried expression was on her face when she saw her grandson was looking pale and was in pain.

"What's wrong, Coop?"

"Grandma, i was asleep and from out of nowhere, i felt this pain in my abdomen and it went to my right side, which woke me up and i raced to the bathroom and threw up."

"I know i'm not a doctor or anything, but those look like the signs that you have Appendicitis." Maryen guessed.

"That may be really likely. Because i remember one of my dancers had the same thing a few years ago." Abby added. "Coop, i'm gonna take you to Northwestern Memorial Hospital to find out if you have Appendicitis and if that's the case, you did a fantastic job letting me know it just started."

"All right."

"Mom, we'll keep you updated." Abby told Maryen, who nodded.

Abby went to get a jacket for Cooper and helped him put it on before she gently walked her son to the elevator and it took them down to the parking lot. When they got there, Abby gently put Cooper in the front seat of the Escalade and she got in the driver's seat and pulled out of the parking lot and went down the ramp to Chestnut Street.

5 minutes later, they arrived at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, one of the hospitals in Chicago as Abby entered in the Erie/Ontario parking garage and parked on the 2nd level. Abby went to get her so from the front seat and the pain was worse and it made Cooper start crying which made Abby burst into tears too because it was heartbreaking for her to see her son in a state of pain as he was normally happy, strong and healthy.

"Mom, it hurts." Cooper said, crying.

"I know." Abby whispered as she wiped Cooper's tears and her own tears. "I know it's hurting you, but it'll be over and before you know it, you'll be back to that healthy Cooper i know."

Cooper sniffed as he nodded as his mother walked him into the Feinberg Pavilion and they approached the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, Abby." The receptionist greeted, she knew Abby from the time she gave birth to Cooper and she had been there two years before Abby gave birth to Cooper. "What brings you and Cooper in?"

"Cooper is in a lot of pain and i believe he has Appendicitis." Abby replied.

"Oh dear, i'll bring a doctor down."