Chapter 4: Solo Dances

At the studio that Monday, Abby and Cooper stood next to the blackboard as the girls and their moms looked on.

"Can we have a round of applause for Starbound?" Abby asked as everybody applauded before she turned to Brooke. "Brooke, you blew them away and people were in awe about how well your dancing was and you did your handstand twist and also, when you felt pain in your hip flare up before the group dance, my son helped bring you to me."

Brooke winked at Cooper, who nodded back at her.

"All right, let's talk about this week's competition, which is Onstage New York and that will be in Tinley Park at the Tinley Park Convention Center, which is 30 minutes from here." Abby announced, before turning the blackboard around and on top was Brooke, in the middle were Maddie and Chloe and on the lower level was Nia, Paige, Mackenzie and Vivi. "Do you notice that we have somebody new on top? Yes, Brooke is on top because of her performance. You danced through an injury which was helped when Cooper put some Icy Hot on your hip and you did what you had to do and you were a team player. You will be getting a solo this weekend and also, Maddie and Chloe will be getting solos. Nia, Paige, Mackenzie, Vivi-Anne, what am i gonna do with your four. You have to step it up and get your rear ends back in the class and tune your technique. But since we're competing in Tinley Park this weekend, you will have solos as well."

The moms were clapping except for Cathy, who knew that Vivi was gonna have to do the solo. To Cathy, Vivi had not mastered the solo yet as she felt Vivi was very uncomfortable with new choreography.

"Moms, it's going to be a busy week and we expect them to be amazing. Let's do it."

The moms went upstairs as the girls began warming up and the rehearsals started and at the front desk in between rehearsals, Cooper was with Abby and Gianna, then he got a fantastic idea.

"Mom, Gia, i have a fantastic idea!" Cooper said.

"You do?" Gianna wondered.

"Let's hear it!" Abby stated.

"Ok, here's the idea that went through my head..." Cooper whispered the idea to Abby and Gianna, who all had huge grins on their face.

"That is a fantastic idea!" Abby exclaimed.

"It is." Gianna agreed.

"Hey, Mel!"

Melissa came to the front desk from the Dancer's Den to see what Cooper wanted.

"What's going on?" Melissa inquired.

"Cooper came up with this idea." Abby said.

Cooper then whispered in Melissa's ear on what he, Abby and Gianna had in mind and it put a huge grin on Melissa's face.

"I like it, but Christi is going to get mad about that."

"Who cares what big schnozz thinks?" Cooper snorted, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, Maddie puts in the work like Cooper did when he was dancing competitively for me." Abby stated.

A day later, which was 4 days before competition, the girls and moms were in the Dancer's Den as in Studio A, Maddie was rehearsing her 2nd solo because Cooper came up with the idea of Maddie having 2 solos for the competition and Melissa opened the door that led to Studio A and it made her snicker as Christi looked suspicious.

"I'l go look for another bow." Melissa said as she exited the Dancer's Den as Christi looked at the moms.

"Do you know Maddie's doing 2 solos?" Christi told the moms.

"Didn't know that." Kelly responded.

"Who's idea was that?" Holly wondered.

"I bet it was Cooper's idea."