Chapter 3 (Season 2): Recovering

That upcoming saturday, Cooper was in the living room eating some fruit with a glass of low fat milk watching Comcast SportsNet Chicago (Now NBC Sports Chicago) as Abby, Gianna, the moms and girls were in Greensboro, a city in North Carolina for the DanceTroupe competition and with the 13 year old was Hollie and Brookie, who were watching him and the time was 1:00 pm.

"Coop, question." Brookie told Abby's 13 year old son. "Are the Blackhawks playing later tonight?"

"Yes, they'll be facing the Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes are from Raleigh, North Carolina which is an hour and 14 minutes away to and from Greensboro." Cooper responded. "Also, did you know they were originally from Hartford, Connecticut and were called the Whalers?"

"Wow, didn't know that."

"That's true." Hollie remarked.

Later that night around 11:00 pm, Cooper was asleep in his bedroom as he had fallen asleep 15 minutes prior and as he was asleep, he heard the door to his bedroom open which awakened him and coming in was Abby, who had gotten back from the competition.

"Sorry, Coop, i didn't mean to wake you." Abby apologized.

"You're good, Mom." Cooper assured Abby. "How did DanceTroupe go?"

"Maddie got 1st in the Pre-Junior Soloist Division, Chloe got 1st in the Junior Soloist Division, Nia got 4th and Kendall didn't place and for the group dance, the girls got 1st but they were sloppy and i fought with Kelly. Brooke improved significantly though and in the group, Nia wasn't even dancing as she didn't even know where she was on the stage." Abby answered.

"The girls got to get it together even though they won the 1st competition of the new season."

"That they do." Abby agreed. "I'll let you get some sleep."

"All right."

Abby left her son's bedroom before Cooper fell back asleep.

The next day, which was Sunday, Abby was making Cooper some plain pasta and mashed potatoes as Cooper was in the living room looking out the window in the western direction as the time was 3:00 pm as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Cooper offered as he walked to the door and saw that it was Gianna, the girls and moms. "Hey, everybody."

The girls and moms all hugged him before they came in and greeted Abby, who gave Cooper a plate that had his food on it and he put it on a folding table as he was sitting on the sofa.

"How are you feeling, Coop?" Maddie asked him.

"Better as the days go by."

"That's great." Nia remarked.

"Yeah." Chloe agreed.

"We miss having you at competitions!" Mackenzie exclaimed.

"And i miss seeing you dance at competitions, but moms keeps me posted on what's going on." Cooper said.

"That she does." Gianna stated.

"Maybe when you've recovered at 100%, we can shop at Water Tower place like we've done many times." Brooke suggested.

"Sounds like a great idea there, Brooke." Cooper replied to his girlfriend.

"Question, when do you go for a follow up on how your recovery is going?" Melissa asked.

"Next monday." Cooper answered.

"My prediction, you'll be better before you know it." Kelly predicted.

"Yeah." Christi and Holly added.

"You just never know, i might be 100% sooner than you think."

"He just might." Abby told the girls and moms.