SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

I love you too darling, more than you will ever understand.

"I haven't watched movies for like fifteen years now." He adds and my frown deepens.

I open my mouth trying to come up with what to ask but I realize I have no words to ask.

What does he mean he hasn't watched movies for over fifteen years from now?

Is it normal in my book? No.
I mean who doesn't watch movies once in a while?
It can not be a daily thing but come on once in a while, once in a few weeks not once in fifteen years?

Fifteen years? I really don't get it and he has kept counting.
How ironic is that?

"Really, what do you mean by that? Help me to understand." I say turning to him granting him my full attention. "You haven't watched movies for the past fifteen years?" I ask and he nods.

"And somehow you have kept counting the number of those past years?"
He smiles at me but I don't see anything amusing or indicating happiness on his face.

"It's because I remember exactly the last movie that I watched and everything about it." He says the last part looking so lost like his mind is taking him to that memory.
I can tell it is not a happy one.

I realize this might be a sore topic for him. So I clear my throat and ask.
"So you wouldn't watch it with me if I was to put one on?" I slowly ask. He turns to me and lean in to kiss my forehead.

"For you, I would do anything." He says and I smile but I still feel the disbelief and questions in my head.
It's so weird.

Not liking songs can be normal but films? Is it possible?
I know for a fact that there is something that happened that made him stop watching them.
He looks so sad by it and I could tell bringing up the topic took him to a painful past.

I guess it's a story for another day, when he has maybe put it behind him and now I know it's something I am going to fight for and make it happen even though I don't know what it is I am fighting but whatever, I hate to see my man sad.

I do know that I don't want my man in pain or somehow held back.
So I end up watching a single movie with Kai to not bother him and then we spend the whole evening of our last day on our trip gossiping and chatting the night away as we came.

The next day, we pack our things and fly back to the city.
As we get to part, Leila hugs me so tightly as they pull at my house.

"Thank you so much for the amazing time Sam." She says as we pull away and I smile at her.

"I love you." I manage to say and she nods. "I love you too." We hug again and Lucas gets out of the car and walks to me.

"Hug me too girl." He says and I chuckle at him.

I take him in a hug.
"Thank you." He says and I nod.

"Thank you too." We pull away and they walk back to the car.
I watch as they drive away before I walk back inside the house.

There is not anyone here because Yarrow told me they all went to pick up my grandparents visiting to spend the holidays with us at the airport.