SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

'Sometimes we are expected to do things that we don't even have within ourselves but we still need to go with the flow because our responsibilities require us to do so.'

Driving to the embassy feels dull, I feel like a long ride with windows rolled down, and classic music in the background is what I need at the moment.

After dropping Lucas off at his house and after going from east to west and back in the middle with him drained all my energy for the day. I feel like canceling today's work and just going for a ride or better going to bed, either of them but not this.

For the first time, the sight of the embassy doesn't excite me as it usually does, I park the car and stare at it but it feels dull just like me.
It looks like any other houses.
I sigh pick my backpack from the bag and make my way to it.

I first walk to the cafeteria and order an iced mocha mixed with chocolate before walking to Kai's office.

I knock on the door as I always do but I don't get something. I know it's not like Kai at all to ignore me
or someone at the door.

I frown when I realize that maybe he is not here and he could have forgotten to tell me again this time too as he did to me last time.

I open the door and sneak my head in, I am surprised by what I find in the office.
A tall, big, muscled figure is curled in one of the sofas located in the office.

A small blanket is laid on the body and with perfectly opened eyes, I can see the body shivering.
I throw my bag pack on the floor and walk to Kai.

"Hey," I call rushing to him, he has his eyes closed but when he feels my touch he opens them. The usual mysterious blue eyes look pale for the first time since I've known them.

He looks at me and says nothing, I look at him too, and realize that he is sweating.
I pull the sleeves of my cardigan and try to wipe his skin but a gasp escapes from me when I feel how burning his skin is.

I pull my hand away from his face and cover it over my open mouth. What happened to him?

"Oh my God Kai? You have a burning fever. Are you okay? Why haven't you visited any doctor already?" He sniffles as he is trying to sit back properly.

"What time is it?"
He asks and I frown at how his voice isn't sounding with the same deep, masculinity that it's always had.

I look at my watch and look back at him. "It's ten minutes to four." He raises his hands to his face and releases a silent groan. "I need to work."

"Kai, are you serious? Do you even see yourself?" I ask but he ignores me.

He tries to get on his feet but I push him back on the sofa.

"You are not working in this state. For how long have you been laying here like this?"

"I am okay Samantha." He says and I frown not liking how he is acting at all. "Please stop, you are seriously not okay. At least give me a chance to be proven wrong by a doctor." He nods lazily and asks for his phone which I hand to him.

He makes a call and I realize it's Ms. Smith, my father's secretary he is talking to.

He gives back his phone and I put it on the table beside us.
He lays back in his seat and I frown.

I don't know what he talked about with Ms. Smith but not so long there is a knock on the door and when he calls in whoever is on the other side of the door Ms. Smith and a white man in a white coat walks in together.
But with the man's equipment, I can easily tell that he is a doctor.