SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

'The good comes with the bad'

"Mom, is she really serious? She doesn't want to come with us?" I roll my eyes for the hundredth time since mom, Sav and Simmons dropped by the embassy to say goodbye to me and dad because they are going away for a week or so on a vacation to tour the country and learn more about it.

We are sending them off and Sav seems to be clingy that I go with them but I've set my mind on not having fun in this country and touring the best side of it won't be obligated on my mission.

"Mom, tell her, please. I just want to be here, you guys go on and have fun." My mother nods. She walks to me and takes me in a hug which I return.

"Take care of your father and yourself sweetheart." I nod and kiss her on the cheek.

I appreciate her for considering my choice, I turn to my sister and take her in my arms but she is not looking at me and she doesn't hug me back.
"What is it Sav?" I ask before I pull away and she keeps her gaze to the side not saying a word to me.

"What is it? Please look at me at least." She ignores that as she steps to the side and walks to the car that will be taking them and gets in.

"Ouch, trouble in paradise?" I turn to glare at my brother. Can't he be serious for once.

"Please don't Simmons and hey can you talk to her for me?" He nods and I walk into his open arms sighing.

"But before I do that for you, remind me again why you don't want to come with us?" I pull away and look up at him not understanding what is going on with them.

"What is it with you guys? If I don't want to go then that's it. I don't want to, Okay what about this? Why don't you also drop the tour plan and come to volunteer here at the embassy?"

He moves a little backwards from me raising his arms in the air. "So much of being so defensive, chill out a lit bit." he chuckles and I glare at him. "Okay, there baboon. Enjoy your miserable life as an ambassador." I roll my eyes at him.

"Yeah, same to you with your fucked up life." He walks to the car too and gets in the passenger seat. I look at Sav in the back seat but she looks away from me not wanting to look at me and I sigh as I walk back to my parents.

"I really don't feel at peace leaving you two here alone, why can't you come for a few days and at least come back later?" I look at my mother whining at my father and I find myself laughing out loud at her.
The hell she is saying she is worried about leaving us two alone as if we are two toddlers being left home without a babysitter.

"Mom, just go don't make others wait for you longer than it is supposed to be." She hugs my father and she hugs me for the second time. We watch as she walks to the car and sits beside Sav, they wave at us but Mom still looks worried and I feel like laughing again.

"Dad, is mom alright?" He looks at me and shakes his head.

"It's just her being a woman Lily Samantha. Stop laughing at her for caring." This time I shake my head unbelievably. Her being a woman.

"Okay, daddy." I wave him with two fingers more like I salute as I walk away with a smile on my face still thinking about the statement that my dad just said. Her being a woman.

I walk back to the staff changing room and get back in the cleaning clothes but unfortunately for me, I am met with my manager.

"Ms. Adams, Where have you been? Next time you decide to give yourself a break remember that you are no longer a free teen anymore and that you have responsibilities now." I pull my head down, I thought I would go to send my family off and be back to work without anyone noticing but there goes my luck level.