SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

'Learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable is a key to living.'

"Jesus! Lily Samantha. You are not ready yet? I am leaving too you know that?" I get up from my bed with a frown on my lips and follow my mother's voice downstairs to see what is going on.

"For God's sake! What are you wearing?" I rub my eyes with the back of my hand, am not sure what is going on here yet.
I remember earlier going to sleep and now I am being scolded for it. Didn't Dad tell us we could go to sleep to get adapted to the time difference, what am being scolded for now?

"What is going on mom?" She gives me an unbelievable look and I still keep my frown on my face because I don't get what I did wrong yet.

"I can not believe this Lily, Samantha. I don't know what you want from us but one thing that I want from you is that you stop this kind of behavior of yours." I stare at her not knowing what to say or what again I am being scolded for.

I just woke up, why does she have to be like this to me when I did nothing wrong?

"But mom? I am not sure of what I did wrong in the first place."

"Okay so now we are doing this? Alright, Lily Samantha, I can't wait for you because your dad is waiting for me to be at the embassy with him to be by his side, he already went with your brother and sister."
Oh lord, I totally forgot about that welcoming party.

"Is everyone gone already?"

"Yes and here I thought you were getting ready too but here you are in your PJs." I look down in shame not knowing what to feel or do.

"I am sorry Mom, I overslept but I can get ready quickly." She raises her hand on my shoulder to stop me from going up as I am turning around and I do stop.

"I can not wait for you because as we speak of right now I am already late." I turn around to hear what she is suggesting but no matter what I won't complain because I can imagine the state my father is in right now of not seeing her there with him.

"I am going to go and you go get ready when we reach, I will find you someone to come and get you too so go hurry up." I open my arms and engulf her in a hug.

"I love you, mom. You are the best." She returns the hug and we pull away she wipes the tears away from my cheeks with her thumb that I hadn't even felt yet. I keep on messing up and being ungrateful to my parents and they also keep on pulling up with me, maybe it's time I stop and embrace this new life of mine.

"I love you too my lily." I smile and she kisses me on the cheek before she turns and heads out.

I stand there thinking about myself and what I am becoming as into this adulthood long enough for my legs to hurt from standing and I groan when I realize that I have zoned out.

I jump upstairs and get in the shower to have the quickest shower that I have ever had in the seventeenth years that I have lived.

I get in my closet and I feel like jumping when I realize that everything is set; my shoes, clothes, bags. Everything and I don't even know when it happened but I am thankful to whoever did it.

I lotion my body quickly then I go to put makeup on, before finding what to wear, I always get makeup first because I don't know if it's just me but it can't be just me, right? I always wear makeup first before deciding on what to wear because I get ideas of what to wear from the makeup that I have worn on my face.

When I am done with the makeup. The smile on my face falls when I get in my closet and find nothing interesting enough to catch my eyes I feel like crying but I stop when something starts ringing. I walk back into the room where the sound is coming from and I catch a light from the screen phone and I realize that my dad gave it back to me. I reach for it to read the message that mom sent me that the driver is here and I groan feeling like shit cause am not ready.