SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

'Listen to the silence because it's always saying something.'

I drive home that day not knowing how to feel.

On one part I feel like am the crazy one to be thinking that my twin sister, someone we shared a womb is up to nothing good to me but on the other part I try to find what she would gain in snooping in my life and find nothing.

But again having two people that I consider my closest friend warning me about her, is raising a lot of red flags in my head that I am not able to ignore.

I feel like hitting my head somewhere and get the shit in it out.
I am confused, I don't know where I even want to stand.

I sigh tiredly not from the weekend I just had with my boyfriend but from the all-savannah thing.

I reach home and walk inside, the house is awfully quiet. I start thinking that maybe everyone is out but I hear footsteps on the stairs.

I turn and smile at my mother.
"Hey, mom."

"Lily Samantha." She calls smiling at me before she calls me in to go in her arms which I walk into.

"Well, sweetie if it isn't for how happy I am for you." She says as we pull away and I frown. I don't think I have done something to make her feel happy.

"What do you mean?" I ask and her smile widens as she brings her hand to cup my left cheek in her palm.

"Sweetie, I am very happy that you are back at doing sleepovers with your friends. When we came here I started getting so worried for you, you detached yourself from everything and it looked like the only thing you wanted to do was be at the embassy. It made me feel bad when I thought that maybe me and your father stole your life but I am really happy that you didn't let coming here affect you like I was thinking." She says and I realize where she is coming from.

Only Mom, only if you knew that I am coming from a sleepover with my handsome, manly boyfriend and not just a sleepover with friends.

But man, that is a story for another time.

"Well, I had a very good time last night too. I realized I have been missing out on something."
Of never considered having a boyfriend before. Except I don't say that to her.

She smiles and pulls me back in her arms for another hug.

"Oh my sweetie Lily, you don't know how that makes me feel happy." I hug my mother but surprisingly I don't even feel the guilt anymore of lying.
I had a good time plus Kai being my boyfriend at the very top doesn't mean he isn't my friend.
He is been the first friend I made when we got here without even realizing it.

After the talk with my mother, I walked to my room and did some learning as my handsome boyfriend advised me to.

Mom told me she was home with Dad but he had to step out to get her the mint chocolate she was craving and none of my siblings was around.

It's past three hours of studying when there is a knock on my room door.
I tell the person at the outside to come in.

"Sav." She waves her hand at me with a smile before she gets in.
She comes to me and hugs me tightly before she sits down on my bed.