SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

Mindset is one's biggest foe.

We walk into Kai's room and I am grinning from left to right.
Does being in a relationship feel this good? Or is it that maybe mine and Kai's is special?
He guides me to the living room of his suite.

"Order room service, I will change quickly and come back to you." I nod my head still grinning like he just handed me a million-dollar check.

I walk to the telephone and order food for us before I walk back to the floor-to-ceiling window that I love about this hotel.

The design of the colorful straps that are vertical form all around the building gets me all the time.
It gives the building a shade like that of a rainbow.

I am mesmerized by what I am seeing when I feel strong arms gulf me closer to a hard chest.
I am surprised because I didn't hear him come closer but I am also surprised by how the position we are in makes me feel.

I love the feeling of it, and I love the feeling of these being all a first for me because I doubt it would feel this special if it wasn't my first.

He leans his chin on my shoulder and then circles his arms around my stomach.
"What were you thinking about?" He asks.

"I love this hotel," I say and I can feel him grin because his stubble tickles my cheek.

I move myself to turn around and hug him from the front wanting to look at his handsome face.

Really what was in me when I ran away from him?

I put my arms around his neck and he puts his around my waist and draws me closer to him.
I look up in his blue eyes.

"I also love your blue eyes." He reaches his hands to push away some hairs that's fallen on my face.

"You didn't answer my question."

"I think I did."

He shakes his head, and protests. "No, you didn't."

"I told you I love this hotel, looking out at these straps feels like staring at a touchable rainbow. It's so pretty."

He moved his one hand and rests it on my cheek before saying. "It is not as pretty and beautiful as you are." I look away feeling suddenly shy.

I keep realizing I have been missing out on a lot but I doubt it would feel this magical, and so special if it wasn't Kai.

"Why are you shying away? You know I never imagined you to be this shy?"

"I am not shy."

"Yes you are, I tell you you are pretty and beautiful and you are shying away."

"I am not," I say defensively and he just chuckles at me, thinking of what to do when there is a knock on the door.

He pulls back and goes to get it while I stay behind not believing this is how I am feeling.
He pushes in the cart of the food, I walk to him and help him serve.

"No need, I got it." I nod and go sit and wait for him to serve me.
I am so flattered by the gesture.

He serves me a plate before he sits beside me.
"Let's move our seats and go sit on the floor facing the windows." He turns to look at what I am implying and then back at me but before he says anything, I reach for his plate and mine, and walk to sit on the floor leaning on the couch in his living while staring outside.