TRENTON KAI ROYAL

'No matter how scary the situation is, it doesn't change the fact that the right thing must be done'.

I grab a cup of coffee and raise it to my lips, feeling the taste of its hotness on the tip of my tongue.

It's a beautiful morning, where birds are singing beautifully, where the sky is wearing it's shade of dark beauty shading away the night clouds to day ones.

I stare at the beauty in front of me and wonder how I've come to this. My life has been something else from the moment I allowed myself to converse with a teenage girl, to the moment I allowed myself to be who I am not.

I knew better than to want more than I was getting. I knew better than to enjoy the company of a girl who has everything but pretends she doesn't want it just like me.

I have had enough and more than I could ever ask for, I have been granted half of what I desired.
But now I think my greed of wanting more is going to cost more from me too.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I reach for my phone on the table that is ringing and I find a picture of my sister smiling on my screen.
"Kaii?! Hey brother?" I pull my phone a little away from my ear to stop the high pitch of my sister's squeals.
"Mia, What is it?"

"Please do not kill my vibe at this time with your goofy mood. Wassup? Mom wants to get a hold of you but she is not reaching you. But given how you answered my call on the first rings, I am assuming that either you are ignoring her or worse, you blocked her." I sigh inwardly not at all liking the sound of this. I don't think I am awake enough to be bombarded with this conversation this early in the morning.

It's not even mid-day and I am already facing the consequences of letting my guard down, for once I wonder when I will free myself from everything.

"Mia, if this is what it is about then I will be hanging up, I mean don't you have classes to attend?"

"Of course, you will be a dummy and FYI it's at night here. Look I don't know what it is like living with our mother but I also get a little taste of it when I visit her so chill, but you already know that you can come back to me and Dad." I feel grey hairs growing up on my head the moment those words land in my ear.

I take a minute to think about what my life would have been like if I had chosen my father to be my guardian parent back then when our parents were divorcing. But before I go deep there to regret the decision that I don't want to regret yet, I pull away from those thoughts.

I always loved my mom's hugs and her comforting hazel eyes that were always full of life, happiness, and caring because they made me feel safe and homely. To this day when I think of her, I want to think of her like that but sometimes I find myself hating the burden that comes with having those feelings.

"Mia, if you talk to our mother tell her, I will call when I get time because as of now, I am currently busy." She chuckles at the other side of the phone call and I frown because it's not like what I just said, it's all a lie.

I am busy being captivated by a seventeen-year-old girl, with light brown eyes and brown hair.

"Kai, I didn't know that people grew up to be stupid instead of being wise but sure I will tell our mom that you are busy. Look I am not sure if you need to hear this too but as your young sister, you are being naive and think about it."

I let that sink between us as I think about it but not about our mother but about a teen girl who has been on my mind lately and who for some unknown reasons is making this harder than it was supposed to be.
"Anyway I am going, love you, Kai!"