separation.

It was finally time for Jungkook to go into the military. Even though they both knew that this day would come and both had to get apart from each other still they were not ready for this.

(For those who don't know military services are mandatory in South Korea no matter what profession you have.)

"Jeon Jungkook is enlisted for his mandatory military service on December 12, 2023." Bang pd Nim exclaimed.

Even though she knew that she would hear these words soon but still broke her heart. Deep inside she was sad as she was being separated from her lover for almost two years. She spent more than 12 years with him and the thought of being separated made her sad. She knew that it was for her own country but she was being selfish at the moment.

"Are you really going?" She pouted.

"Yes, I need to..." Jungkook replied with a heavy heart.

"I know, I know," she said, wiping away her tears. "I'm proud of you for serving our country, but it's just hard to imagine being apart for so long."

"I'll miss you too," Jungkook said, taking her hand in his.

There were still 8 days left for Jungkook to be enlisted in the military... They spent those special days with each other almost every day and created so many lovely and beautiful memories together.

*Time skip to one day before the military enlistment*

Jungkook entered in her room to play some video games with her girlfriend and surprise her. But instead, he was surprised. He saw his girlfriend sobbing.

Jungkook quickly rushed towards her.
"What happened y/n?" Jungkook asked and held her face.

"Nothing but just the thought of being separated from you makes my heart ache." She said.

Jungkook hugged her tightly.
"My love, Don't cry! Seeing you like this makes me feel bad! Jungkook said while caressing her hair.

Jungkook made her look at him. They both stared into each other eyes. Without another word, he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. It was a soft, gentle kiss, but it spoke volumes about their feelings for each other. As they pulled away, they both knew that this was the beginning of something new.

"Ah, I bought video games! Let's play" Jungkook said and they both giggled.

It was the day of Jungkook's military. They both reached the military center. Y/n came to drop Jungkook there. Jungkook and y/n stood at the entrance of the military base, their faces etched with sadness. They knew that this was the moment they had been dreading since the day Jungkook received the draft notice.

"I can't believe this day has come," Jungkook said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I know," y/n replied, tears streaming down her face. "It feels like we just started dating, and now you're leaving for the military."

Jungkook took her hand and squeezed it tightly. "I promise I'll come back to you," he said, his eyes never leaving hers.

"I know you will," y/n said, trying to hold back her sobs. "But it's going to be so hard being apart from you for so long."

Jungkook pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her close. "I love you so much," he whispered into her ear. "And I'll be thinking of you every day while I'm gone."

Y/n clung to him, not wanting to let go. She knew that this was the right thing for Jungkook to do, but it didn't make it any easier. As they finally pulled away from each other, Jungkook wiped away her tears and gave her a small smile.

"I'll see you soon, y/n,"

"I'll be waiting for you," she said, giving him a small smile. "And when you come back, we'll have a big celebration."

Jungkook smiled back at her, his heart full of love for her. "I'll be looking forward to that."

With a final embrace, Jungkook made his way to the military base, ready to start his service. And his girlfriend stood there, watching him go, wishing him all the best and waiting for the day when they would be reunited.

As Jungkook walked towards the military base, his heart was heavy with emotions. He turned around to look at his girlfriend one last time and saw her waving at him with tears in her eyes. He smiled at her and waved back, trying to hold back his tears.

"I love you," he yelled out to her.

"I love you too," she yelled back, her voice breaking with emotion.

Jungkook finally turned away and walked towards the entrance of the base. As he entered, he was greeted by other soldiers who were also starting their service. He felt a sense of camaraderie with them, knowing that they were all in this together.

Y/n watched him go, her heart heavy with sadness. But she knew that they would make it through this together and that their love would only grow stronger in the face of this challenge.

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months, she sent him letters and care packages, hoping to bring a smile to his face. And every time she received a letter from him, her heart would skip a beat with excitement.

"I miss you so much," she wrote in one of her letters. "But I'm so proud of you for serving our country. You are my hero."

Jungkook read her words with tears in his eyes and felt a surge of love for her. He knew that no matter how tough things got, he had her love and support to carry him through.

As the months went by, Jungkook and y/n continued to write to each other and talk whenever they could. They shared their thoughts, their fears, and their hopes for the future.

Whenever Jungkook felt low, he felt that someone was waiting for him at home, someone who loves him unconditionally and believes in him.

With that thought in mind, he continued to serve his country with pride and dedication, looking forward to the day when he could be reunited with his beloved girlfriend once beginning.

"Half my love and half your love this way the moon will be complete,One is your star and one is mine, the rest of the sky is dark"~