Chapter 13: Ace attorney

"Do i really have to come with you?"

I said to Horikta as we made our way to the student council office for Sudos longly awaited trial. Horikta responded to my question by turning her head to the side in order to look at me before saying.

"Yes you do so stop complaing." She gave me an icey cold glare while saying this and then turned back to look infront of her.

Horikta obviously wanted to end the conversation there but i had opposing plans.

"But wouldn't Hirata or Kushida be better suited for this than me, so why not choose one of them?"

"No" she said abruptly before continuing. "I said this once before, your the only person in the class i would have accompany me on something like this so shut up and stop your childish whining, its pathetic." Horikta's words were harsh and struck deep inside me.

Doesn't she realise i have feelings aswell?

In response to her words i decided to accept defeat and continued walking with Horikita in silence. After a few minutes of walking we found ourselves at the entrance to the Student council office. Surprisingly Sudo was already there waiting for us and upon seeing us he started waving towards our direction.

Horikta didn't seem very amused by his actions as a look of disgust was visible on her face. Sudo on the other hand seemed ecstatic to us as he had a big smile on his face despite the fact his future was to be decided roughly  one hour from now.

"Sudo remember what i told you." Horikta said with a serious tone.

"Don't worry you can trust me, i won't mess this up." Sudo replied keeping the same smile he had previously.

Horikita ignored what he said and walked over to the student council door, knocking twice before backing up.

A few moments later and the door to the student council office opened and a girl with purple hair had come out telling us to follow her in. Upon walking in i could see that the Class C students were already sat down on the opposite side of the room along with their homeroom teacher, Sakagami Kazuma and our homeroom teacher Chabashira.

We found our seats and sat down, with Horikta to my left and Chabashira to my right.

"You better know what your doing." Chabshira said in a low voice directed towards me.

"Don't expect anything from me." i said. Shutting down her idea of me taking control of this trial. She simply smirked at my comment, closing her eyes as she looked forward again.

Surveying my surroundings further i saw Horikta Manabu sitting in a large chair listening as the purple haired girl who told us to come in spoke to him. I could also see the Vice President Nagumo Miyabi standing near the corner of the room. We both looked at each other at the same time, our gaze locked on one another for quite some time until he seemingly lost interest and began looking out the window next to him.

"We will now begin the deliberation proccedings regarding the incidence that happened a few days ago. Your presence here is appreciated." The purple haired girl said gathering the attention of everyone in the room.

While she continued speaking i turned to my left and saw Horikta was looking rather pale and she showed to be very tense as her eyes never left the ground.

It seems that all her effort in preparing for being in the same room as her brother had failed. His presence in the room might throw her of her game which will be costly for us in the long run.

"Now lets begin. Our job today is to ascertain the truth in which version of the events in factual." The purple haired girl stopped waiting for confirmation to continue.