Chapter 12: Fun times

Today was a Thursday morning, one day before the trial with Sudo. The past week has been eventful to say the least, The Sudo trial has took most of my time since the whole class has been working together to try and prove Sudos innocence. Surprisingly, Horikita joined in and provided support, an uncharacteristic approach from her to say the least but it seems her development has begun a lot earlier than I expected. She even volunteered to be the main spokesman for the trial.

While lost in my thoughts I didn't notice my name being called out, seeing a hand wave in front of me, i was broken from my internal thoughts.

"Earth to Ayanokoji." Satou who had called me out was now standing in front of my desk, I turned my attention from the outside to her.

"Oh sorry, were you asking me something?"

"I was wondering if after school you would like to come to the cafe with me, Karuizaiwa and Hirata, If your not busy of course."

"I'm not busy today so I can come with you if you want."

Her eyes lit up at what i said "We're going to meet at the Dorms entrance at 4pm, I'll see you there." With that she gave me small wave and went back to her desk clearly happy that I accepted her invite. Watching as she walked away horikita suddenly spoke.

"Can you not do all that lovey-dovey stuff right in front of me, its repulsive to be frank." Her eyes didn't go of the  book she was reading but it was obvious she was speaking to me.

"Are you perhaps jealous?"

My attempt to tease her was in vain as she glared at me, slowly she pulled something out of her bag, soon she revealed it to be a compass.

"Do you take back what you said?" She said nonchalantly.

I feel like it would be better if I just apologised to her. "Yes I do, I'm sorry for what I said."

"Good" she put the compass away and her focus went back to her book.

Just what did she intend to do with that?

POV: Horikita Manabu

Location: Student council office

I knew he was strange but this takes it to the next level. There's absolutely nothing on his files that reveals anything about his past. Unless he has files that I don't have access to, although that's unlikely considering the power that this school gives to the student council. Even then it's as if he didn't exist before he enrolled into this school.

A knock on the door interrupted what I was doing, signalling for them to come in I saw Nagumo Miyabi, the student council vice president.

"What do you need Nagumo?" I said sternly. He's not the type to meet me for no purpose.

"I just wanted to talk to the student council president, or are you far to superior to talk to someone like me." He replied with a mocking tone.

"You never come here without a purpose so let's cut straight to the point. Tell me why your here?"

Nagumo sighed "your really no fun are you President Horikita?" He walked over noticing the file I left on the desk. "I never knew you were a stalker" He picked up the file and started analysing it.

"I was just curious about a certain student and decided to use the resources that were provided."

"Yes Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, he is certainly interesting I must agree." Nagumo seems to know about Ayanokoji already.

"You know him?" I questioned while readjusting my glasses.

"I met him on the first day, he caused quite a problem for some of my friends."