chapter 4: A shocking revelation

Day after day, they blew through their monthly allowance of 100,000 points like it was pocket change. Chabashira never seemed to care much about the behaviour in the class. So people would talk, nap, use their phones or just completely not show up to the lessons. Then the shocking revelation hit. The 1st of May.

"Huh, whats going on?"

Really? You, too?"

These were the conversations going on in the classroom. And as I look at my phone to see my points 85,314.
It seems my theory was correct we didnt receive 100,000 points but rather zero.

"Take your seats" Chabashira entered the room taking control of the previously loud classroom. "Morning homeroom will now begin"

"Hey how come we didn't get our points for this month.? Weren't we meant to get them on the first of every month?" Yamauchi was the first to speak up.

"This month's points have already been allocated to each class"

"Huhhh bu-"

" This month's points have been allocated, that I am certain of."

"But we haven't received our points" ike now joins in. Lots of people agree in unison.

"Seriously what a bunch of idiots you are" Chabashiras voice silenced the room her cold voice echoed making sure everyone knew what she had said.

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise shocked by the sudden change in attitude. I knew this would happen but I didn't expect her to be this cruel, I suppose it's needed in order to make them learn of there mistakes.

"A total of 98 tardies and absences 391 instances of talking and cell phone usage during class. Quite a hefty amount considering it's only been one month." At this school your grades and performance evaluations will reflect the amount of points you receive per month. My assessment of you has led me to value your worth at zero."

A few people gasped in shock.

"This is unfair, we were never told about this" yamauchi spoke once again.

"Did you really think mere highschool students would receive the equivalent of 100,000 yen without a single catch. That's completely absurd. Use your common sense."

I looked to my right to see horikita writing down notes of what Chabashira was saying.

Slightly further to the right I could see Sudo clearly about to snap out of anger.

"If any of you had doubts then why didn't you act on them?"

It seemed everyone had slowly come to accept the event upon them.
Chabashira continued on her onslaught.

"I told you on the first day didn't I?. This school judges it's students based on their merit. to put in simple terms your all garbage."

"Chabashira sensei what can we do to increase our points" a distraught Hirata broke out.

"Simply correcting your behavioir wont earn you any more points. However, classes from each year level are divided into four classes and are ranked from Class A through to class D with the current highest class being Class A, with B, C, and D, being named respectively in descending order. If you wish to graduate from class A you will have to battle with the other classes In exams."

Her speech ended and the rest of homeroom was spent in silence. No one could believe what had just been transpired. Horikita was visibly upset with this new piece of information and her pride had been damaged. Me on the other hand, I couldn't care less about whats happened. Class battles, reaching class A the top class none of it interested me.

Time went along and homeroom ended, one after the other the lessons went by and finished, on the final bell signalling the end of school everyone started leaving the classroom. The class had tried to forget about what had happened earlier in the day, making plans to hang out even with their low amount of points.

Leaving the classroom I began walking around the campus. I didn't really feel like going back to my dorm yet and I found myself walking past the sports section of the school. People were in their clubs practising. Should I join a club? No, there probably aren't any clubs that would interest me.

I was suddenly stopped by a group of students with a blonde haired boy in the middle. They began surrounding me making it so I couldn't walk away

"So your Ayanokoji" he said while giving me a smile.

"Excuse me do I know you" I said back. How did he know who I was?

"I'm Nagumo Miyabi, the student council vice president" he extended his hand. A gesture for a handshake. So this is Nagumo, the one the second years warned me about on the first day. I accepted his handshake to which he applied a large amount of force. I responded with the same amount of force and his eyes widened slightly at this, however he quickly regained his composure not letting his smile disappear.

"I've heard a lot about you from some of my classmates" he continued while looking at second years who tried threatening Sudo.

"Whatever you've heard I can assure you it's greatly exaggerated"

He started laughing "How modest Ayanokoji but you can't fool me." His tone became serious

"I'm sorry but I have to tell you I'm really not that special" I said feigning my innocence.

"Maybe this school will be more interesting with you around" he then walked past me barging into my shoulder as he went by. I looked back watching him walk away with his group. What's his problem.?

"Ayanokoji are you okay" it seems karuizaiwa and satou saw happened.

"Yeah I'm fine, he must have just been having a bad day" they both looked at me with concern.

"What a douchebag. Honestly I hate guys like that" karuizaiwa pointed out referring to Nagumo.

"Do you want us to report this Ayanokoji" satou joined in.

"No it's fine he didn't really do anything" it's best not to attract attention by accusing the Vice president of potential bullying.

"Hmm if you say so but if he does that again I'm not going to ask for permission again"

How wonderful now Nagumo has his eye on me. I'm going to have to find a way out of his line of sight.

After talking to satou and karuizaiwa for some time we parted ways and I continued looking around the school. During my walk I encountered Kushida and we found ourselves in a small cafe we began to talk about the event from the start of the day.

"I never thought the school would be like this" she said while taking a sip of her drink"

"Yeah it was surprising, i didn't expect Chabashira to sound that cruel"

"Really when I looked round the class you had quite a straight face" she said jokingly

"Its true I really was surprised it just may not have shown on my face" taking a sip of my drink I looked around the cafe it was mainly full of girls with only a few boys huddled in a group. I wonder if we look like a couple right now?

We continued talking for a while until we finished our drinks and started walking to the dorms. We walked past multiple people who Kushida knew. She seems her popular even with people from the other classes.

After reaching the dorms we said goodbye to each other and went our separate ways. Entering my door I prepared for dinner and began cleaning my room. After eating and taking a shower I got changed and went to sleep to finish the day