Chapter 7: Preparing for the midterms

Theres two more weeks until the midterms. The class have officially made daily study sessions held in the library. Mostly everyone has agreed to go daily. The class has made an impressive amount of progress since the last month, not only in their behaviour but also there academic ability. Some students like Ike and and Sudo still refuse to join the study sessions saying they will just cram the day before the exams.

First lesson just finished and I was thinking of going to the roof to enjoy the solitude, however my plans changed when I got an invite to lunch by none other than horikita. I decided to accept her invitation curious of what she wanted.

So here I am sat in the cafeteria with horikita who so gracefully paid for my meal.

"So horikita what did you want to talk about" I said taking a bite out of my food. She ignored me taking a bite out of her own food.

Did she not hear me?

"Uhh horikita why did yo-"

"Ayanokoji help me make a study group for the three idiots"

So that's what she wanted. I don't know why she thinks I'll be of help it would've been better asking Kushida for help instead of me.

"I didn't think you'd be the type to help" I said truthfully.

"I'm doing this for me not them, them getting expelled will only make it more difficult for me to reach class A."
(They found out about the expulsion penalty after getting their quiz results I just cba to write it.)

Of course. Even through this she finds a way to make it so it only benefits her.

"What do I gain from this"

"You'll be helping your 'friends' isn't that enough for you. Plus I paid for your lunch so you kind of owe me."

That's why she was acting so nice. I should have expected her to do something like this. But I'll admit that was a decent idea so I'll entertain her just this once.

"Ok I'll help you, what do you want me to do?"

"Simply just get Sudo, Ike and Yamauchi to join the study session"

Does she think I'm friends with everyone in the class.? Luckily Sudo still owes me a favour so that's him done. But Ike and Yamauichi are a different story. I don't think I've spoken to either of them once since school has started.

"Ok I'll try my best but don't expect much" by now I had finished my lunch. "How should I let you know if I got them to join?"

She slides me a pink piece of paper" he's my contact information. Text me when you do it and don't try contact me for anything else" she stands up and leaves the cafeteria leaving me by myself.

Timeskip: after school

I'm making my way to the basketball club In hopes to find Sudo, opening the gym door I see a group of students huddled together looking around I saw Sudo by a bench drinking a bottle of water. I walked over to him he noticed me and waved.

"Yo Ayanokoji what are you doing here"

"I'm here to see you. I need to cash in my favour"

"Oh ok what do you need?" He said taking another sip of his water.

"I want you to join horikitas new study group"

His face scrunched clearly wanting to decline but he knew that wasn't an option "tck fine I'll join, who else Is joining"

"I'm trying to get Ike and Yamauichi. Can you think of anyway to convince them?"

He put his hand on his chin" I mean Ike and Yamauichi are obsessed with Kushida so maybe talk to Kushida for help other than that I don't know"