Chapter 9: Truly unexpected

During the midterms, it seemed everyone had achieved outstanding results with everyone surpassing expectations.

" we owe it all to you kushida"

"Yeah you really saved us with finding those test papers" people where surrounding kushida thanking her for finding the test papers.

"Thank you all but I really didn't do much" kushida said a little embarrassed.

"Oh~ Kushida, you must have been sent from heaven to help us pass" Ike said frantically, the people around him quickly agreed all nodding there heads.

Atleast the Class is happy, now I can sit back and  not get involved.

"Ayanokoji, just what did you do?" Horikita who was sat in silence spoke up. Her ice cold persona on full display. It's like she forgot completely about what happened a few days ago.

"I didn't do anything, it was all Kushida after all she found the midterm papers."

"You don't really think I'll believe that do you"

"Believe what you want just know I'm telling the truth."

While everyone was celebrating Chabashira was stood at the front with a smirk on her face. It seemed even She was surprised with the results.

"To be honest I'm truly impressed" Chabashira said silencing the students in the classroom. "I never thought you'd score this highly on the exam, i congratulate you for your efforts however" she paused walking over to the board, drawing a red line over sudos name she said." You got a failing grade Sudo"

Sudo eyes widened in surprise at this unexpected information, the class also had a similar reaction. The atmosphere in the classroom was tense nobody sure on what to say. After a few seconds Sudo brung out the courage to say something.

" what your joking, How did I fail?"  He said, Anger and confusion in his voice.

"The threshold for failure was 40 on this exam. The average score was 79.6. If you divide that by two you get 39.8 and because we round up it means you need 40 points or more to pass, unfortunately for you were one point short. We only knew you for a short time but I appreciate your efforts. After class I'll issue you for your expulsion"

"I-im really gonna be.... expelled" Sudo said in despair, putting his head in his hands seemingly accepting his fate.

"Wait! Is there anyway for us to save him?" Hirata said desperately not wanting to lose his classmate.

"A failing score means expulsion simple as."

Kushida was the next to speak. " please Chabashira sensei is there really nothing we can do? We can't stand here and do nothing while Sudo gets expelled." Kushida backed up hirata. It seems losing a classmate is gonna affect them for the worst.

"Rules are rules, Now stop complaining." With this Kushida gave up sitting back down realising nothing could be done.

Homeroom ended and Chabashira left the classroom not before reminding Sudo to go to the staff office after classes.

Once gone Kushida immediately started speaking to the class hoping to find a way to save Sudo.

I got up from my seat and made my way to the exit, kushida noticed at called out to me.

"Ayanokoji?"

"Sorry, I gotta go to the restroom."

Closing the door I started following Chabashira. One at the roof she stopped and pulled out a packet of cigarettes, taking one out and lighting  it.