𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍, 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓

It's surprising Katniss isn't red as tomato or with watery eyes.

None of the tributes suki had to mentor where like that. Not at all. That doesn't mean they were cowards though. Suki would try to make them brave and some would, others would fail.

"Don't let them manipulate you", "don't force yourself to eat." She would say. She could barley be a year older than her tributes but would still nurture them like a mother.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't come without guilt. Even if it wasn't her fault she would still feed them knowledge only to watch them die just a few days later. That's why she knew to never make a single one of them promises.

She remembered rue. She saw the little girl and knew she wouldn't make it out. She didn't even try to have false hope. The guilt almost ate her up inside when she saw rue's death.

She was mad. But not at Katniss. She couldn't blame her. Not after she protected rue. Not after the sent rue a beautiful and respectful farewell.

Could she be mad at marvel, one of the careers? Yes and no.

Marvel did help kill rue. He would've carried sadistic pleasure and pride if he wasn't killed immediately after. But the career districts aren't different from the others.

In the end, the careers were victims. Manipulated. Children taken advantage of. Wether they just wanted to go home or to make their district proud.

They're all pawns in snows games.

But now here they are. Ready to put it end to it. Because snow will not always land on top. Never again.

That's why it all felt like a blur when suki suddenly realized she was back out of there. Now in front of chaff and seeder.

Last night after showing the judges her skills she could barley eat. It was like being back in 11 all over again. But this time she didn't eat because she simply didn't want it.

Now here she looked to seeder with a serious expression. "So?" She asks softly. "What are we gonna do now?"

There was brief pause and it's obvious no one had the answer.

With a sigh and eye roll suki took a sip of her water before seeder spoke up. "Look, we really don't know what to do. Johanna tried to come off as a crybaby and it worked. But it won't be able to this time. They saw who she really was. And that wasn't some victim."

After a thought, she continued. A bit more hesitant now. "And I don't know how that's gonna work out for you either."

"But, they love you. You're a capitol favorite if not THE favorite. Besides the golden boy and star-crossed lovers of course." Suki couldn't help but chuckle. That all changed when she heard seeders next words.

"Make them fear you. No one, not even the capitol will publicly bash you when they hear the words coming out of your mouth." This partially disgusted suki. It also wasn't the best idea.

"Fear and respect are not equals." She spoke with seriousness, her eyebrows furrowed in belief that seeder could think this way. Be like the capitol who'd scared their people into submission.

"Besides, that's a joke. If I try to put actual fear in their hearts instead of letting them all just be wary than they will most likely try to jump me." It's obvious seeder didn't know about the deal but even then there was still people the younger person in front of her had to deal with.

"Well then what do you propose? It's not like they're gonna allow two victors like last year." Nothing. Too much quickly growing annoyance.

"In fact- let's not even talk about this. You still haven't told me who you are picking as allies. You know it's not good to keep secrets." Suki never found it important to tell seeder which she admits was a mistake. If seeder wasn't in it or not, she "deserved" to know.