𝑴𝒚 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅, 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒚

The next day of training was really something.

No one really knew had to react other than feeling determined or nervous. Agitated maybe. If they could turn back time than only half of them would.

Suki and Johanna were panting feeling weak but the smirk on Johanna's face made it clear she was ready to go again.

As Johanna was wiping her face off she started to speak. "Ya know, I think I like this. Really gives you a rush, huh?" Johanna chuckled and suki couldn't help but nod.

"I understand you. Completely." She replies. But then it feels like there's a sudden shift in the mood as they become a bit quite. Not even panting anymore.

"This is not how I expected things to end." Maybe in another life things would've been better. They could smile and laugh everyday without having to think on the past.

Let it go, suki thought to herself.

"Things aren't ending. This is just the beginning." Johanna tilted her head a bit in question. By now she was already in on the plan to keep the precious star-crossed lovers alive but she still felt it would come at a price.

"Of what? This is a new chapter of hell on earth." There was surprisingly no bitterness in Johanna's tone—not enough that she wanted to show. It was more on the disappointment side.

Suki leaned in a whispered. "And that will change. We'll make sure of it. Let's just try to get Mags out alive before things start to go south." The whisper was almost too low but still reachable.

There was a sigh. "But What about you? You're so...fragile." There was almost another pause in the conversation. But before it could get to that point things started.

"I am stronger than you give me credit for." Suki's tone was unreadable. Was she mad? Disappointed? Embarrassed even? She knew what everyone thought of her. They all thought she was just this crazy district child who got away with what she did.

She knew but she never thought or spoke of it again. "That's not what I meant." It wasn't. Johanna didn't mean to offend suki. She just really cares for her. Even though she doesn't want to admit it.

After that it as no more talking. Just straight training. Hours of feeling like they were gonna pass out. Die if they were lucky.

"Keep focus." She'd whisper to whoever she was trading with. Over time she had switched from Johanna to finnick. A lot of people assumed that suki and finnick had something going on behind closed doors.

In actuality they'd genuinely think of each other as siblings. They were always so close. Besides, finnick had a girlfriend named Annie. At least that's what suki could remember.

Suki had held her chest in a little discomfort after a switching training partners. "Sorry about the cut on your spine. Maybe you should try harder?" She had spoke wanting to know if finnick was really keeping focus.

Although there was supposed to be one winner this year she still wanted to know where everyone's head was at. And if they had gotten better.

To her slight approval finnick kept up his guard. He went to grip suki only for her to move out of the way. No words. Just training. Training and determination.

Who's letting who live?, suki thought to herself as she smirked. She knew that some of the older tributes would want to give her a mercy kill or kill themselves.

There was no need for that. But she also knew she shouldn't get cocky. Everyone saw what happened her year and she couldn't take any chances.

They'd have to pick at everyone slowly. All of the tributes who would help the rebellion needed to. If they just rushed it then they'd only have each other to kill.