𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆

This was the day that was feared.
People feared if she'd do it again had she'd remembered it correctly.

This was the day haymitch nicknamed her "five feet of fury". By the day others nicknamed her "cottonmouth".

This was the day almost do one could look at her the same again. They knew she had finally been pushed over. They just didn't realize it was this far.

As suki held one of the careers almost lovingly people watching knew something bad was on the verge of happening.
She had been able to trick most of the careers.
Most.

"You want me to get you some water?" Suki asked with a sweet and caring smile. The career who's name she didn't bother to remember simply nodded is head.

As she got up she saw one of the last female careers looking at her with a glare. Suki couldn't help but smirk.

Suki had went and got the water and came back skipping. "Here's iodine." Suki whispered. The career took both the water and the iodine a bit hesitantly.

Suki had been taking care of the careers like family. Maybe she had really forgave them. She barely ate. She was like there little guard. But not a lapdog.

"Why'd you not get water for yourself?" Suki had always called this tribute knuckles for the bruising she had upon them.

"It's an alliance isn't it? Besides us there's only a few people left. I'm a little too weak to fight you guys at the moment anyway and I know how badly you guys wanna get home." Suki took a pause.

"So just be happy IM being useful." It was clear there was underlying venom in suki's voice. She had really pointed out how it seemed this career wasn't pulling her weight.

"She's right. Maybe you should just go." The main career boy announced. He and another career had noticed this one wasn't pulling as much weight as I career should.

"She is scum from 11, we are careers from 3 and 2, why is she even here!?" The career snapped. Suki pretended to take offense to this. But before she could speak the main career spoke up once more.

"Listen! She's here because she is actually helping. Do you even know how to work any weapons or anything here? You've done nothing. You sit on your ass 24/7 acting useless. She's from 11? So what, she's still more important than you."

Suki almost wanted to smirk at how heavily she was being defended. And now, replacing a career. She softly rolled her eyes as the career left and turned back to the main one.

"A little harsh?" She made it sound like she was halfway joking and halfway serious. Almost as if she had felt bad.

"No. You're youngest and weakest person here and you're still doing better than she ever could." Suki smiled sweetly with a bit of pride.

She had carefully looked at the boy as he drank the water.

The sun was setting and the last career besides the main one and the one that had seemingly just been kicked out was basically asleep now.